WNY SCCA 2014 Autocross Season Schedule

All events this year are at Ralph Wilson Stadium. We are in a different lot this year, same entrance, it is also a little bit BIGGER than what we had last year.

May 18 - event 1
June 14 - novice school
June 15 - event 2
July 13 - event 3
August 3 - event 4
August 17 - event 5
September 28 - event 6 (Champagne Run)

Out of region points events for WNY:
June 8 (FLR) - RIT
August 24 (FLR) - RIT
September 7 (MBR) - Lake Erie Speedway

Event registration (please pre-register if you plan on attending, no payment due until you show up)
http://wny-scca.com/index.php?topic=167.0

Stuck :tup:

Am I reading this correctly? ALL the above dates will be at the former Buffalo Bills Stadium?!

All events are at what one day will be the former bills stadium. Ralph Wilson Stadium.

sweet

Don’t forget to include your Out-of-Region events with the Finger Lakes club, who so graciously cross-promoted your events and are ensuring higher turnout at them as a result.

Highly recommend the novice school if you’re unsure about this but want to check it out. $70 gets you a ton of behind the wheel instruction on Saturday plus covers your event fees for Sunday. I did this as an instructor back when I was really involved with autocross and there were a couple people in my group that had never pushed a car hard enough to know what the ABS felt like. By the end of the day we had them tossing their cars around the cones with the all seasons howling at the limit. Even if you try and decide autocross isn’t your think you’ll come out of it far better prepared to deal with an emergency maneuver on the street.

Added, just needed to finalize them. We had to wait until this week to finalize our own schedule as the Stadium doesn’t know their’s until the NFL preseason schedule comes out.

Is this the new lot, freshly paved?

Thats the one, and yes it no longer has fire pits as a feature

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

:wink:

Last weekend was fun, but I’m slow :frowning:

Saturday June 14th is now test and tune. Novices are welcome, there will be instructors available but it won’t be structured as a school. Test & tune = more than enough runs, no seriuos timing and scoring.

I’m hoping to make it to this.
If I get the rabbit back together.

TEAM CHOOCHIES.

how does a test and tune session work? Get your setup ready in the pits then just get in line? Who works the course? Thx!

Planning on going.

Participants will still work the course, typically not ALL the stations will be manned, so it will be a greater run to work ratio than an average scored event. So there might be some sloppy cone placement. @rushman will need to chime in at EXACTLY how it will be ran, but I would assume that they would do a few heats of 3-4 runs, that is: run, get right back in line, run, get right back in line, run and then chase cones take a break then run,run,run… Depending on entrants, and how long the day is, I’d hope that you’d get 10+ runs.

I think we are doing timed heats, so as many runs as you want during your timed heat, then work. If you need instruction it will be provided. There will be a lunch brake as well. Based on anticipated turnout you will get as many runs as you can handle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ahh this wouldn’t really help us much then… We would want to make adjustments to the car between runs to see if she likes it looser in the back and play with dampening :frowning: oh well