WNY SCCA 2013 Schedule

Please Sticky and un-sticky the old one. Thanks!

We lost ECCN, but gained the ralph! Nice lot, wide enough for actual turns!

May 20th - @ Ralph Wilson Stadium
June 3 - OOR @ RIT
June 10th - @ Ralph Wilson
June 24 - OOR @ LES
July 15th - OOR @ RIT
August 12th - @ Ralph Wilson
September 9th - OOR @ LES
September 23rd - @ Ralph Wilson Stadium Champagne Run!

For FLR OOR registration/directions - http://soloreg.flr-scca.com/solo2/login.php

Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo Bills)
1 Bills Drive, Orchard Park, NY
Map: http://g.co/maps/4wbsx

Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)
Jefferson Rd and Lomb Memorial Dr, Rochester, NY
Map: http://g.co/maps/z6m47

Lake Erie Speedway (LES)
10700 Delmas Drive, North East, PA 16428
Map: http://g.co/maps/ryfhk

Grid north, fresh pavement = course.

What happened to Batavia Morotrsports Park? Did it close down?

Old news. http://www.bataviakarting.com/ 3rd year of it being closed I think.

Joe we should co drive the MR2 in an event or two

looks like I can make it out to a few events this year! It’s gonna be the first time on a car with real power lol

This is sweet… definitely gonna make it out to a few of these this year!

Given this new and great location, I better see some of your faces and cars out there. There are no excuses about damaging cars on curbs anymore. Our region is super lucky as we are still small in comparison to other regions and get a ton of seat time in without having long and tiring work sessions.
Noobs, feel free to post up any questions and if you need any helping hand at all, post up and I or someone else should be able to help out.
Also, we are really trying to get new ppl out there this season. Ppl tend to not come back because they may do poorly at first. Please personally come find me or any of our instructors and we will be glad to make you faster. I can’t stress enough how auto-x translates to better track times and can even save your life in the real world.
This is likely the most fun you’ll ever have in a parking lot that’s legal :slight_smile:

Sure, but not the black one…

thats fine…the maxima wouldnt be good at all

Just scouted the site today with Dan_K, should be pretty awesome. Grid will be a little weird but it should all run real smooth. This site going to be really cool.
We’re trying to make everything go as quickly as possible as far as registration and everything. If you pre-register at wny-scca.com it will make life easier for both you and us come event day. Pre-registering doesn’t cost anything and you should do it even if you may come out but aren’t sure yet. If you pre-register and don’t show up, it’s no big deal at all. It’s merely saves us a step of data entry during actual registration. If you forget to pre-register, this is also no problem and we can get you going the day of the event.
Weather forecast looks perfect, see you there!

Sure it would. It might not be a nationally competitive car in it’s class but I guarantee you could show up locally and have a lot of fun with it.

Lancaster vs. Ralph Wilson vs. Batavia

All zoomed into 200ft scale on google maps:

Me showing off my siq MS paint skill.

:tear: I miss Batavia. I don’t care that the parking lot diehards hated it, or that management was a PITA or that from a safety steward standpoint the runoff was a little sketchy… it was always a blast to run there and I wish I would have made it to at least one Batavia event with my GTO.

So, I’ve been to all of 2 events a few years ago.

What time does this usually start up? end?
Going to try to make it out to a few events this year.

I’m a noob, but i really want to do this! I would have to tune my car to make less power, but i should be good with suspension. :dunno:

Don’t de-tune. Run it all out Sissy Mary! That’s when it gets interesting.

Yes it would be real interesting running it all out in parking lot… :slap:

I plan on being there on Sunday. :tup:

· If I am racing, what time do I need to show up?

If you are coming to race, you must show up between 8:30 and 9:30.

Registration closes at 9:30 and you may be turned away if you are late.

If at all possible, use the pre-registration system on the web site.

Less power may actually help you at first, but I wouldn’t sweat it. Just keep in mind your gas pedal isn’t digital and you should be fine. It’s a plus that you have a suspension, but it’s really not necessary until you get good. I can’t stress enough that mods don’t mean shit when you are first starting out. If you stick to it for even half a season, you’ll realize how bad you sucked at driving when you first started out.

Once you get the concept of course navigation and get a good feel and control for sliding the car a bit, that’s when this sport really becomes fun and you will learn and understand soooooo many things such as good racing lines, what those damn mods on your car REALLY do and why, overall just become a better driver. The stuff you learn can potentially save your life too on the public roads. You will learn to stay calm and react with a clear head in situations that regular people tend to freeze up or make poor decisions. This could save you/family member/friend. It seriously becomes second nature on how to control your car at/past its limits and make good decisions accordingly. I’ve personally avoided 2 head on collisions in my lifetime (one higher speed, one lower speed) with absolutley no damage to myself or my vehicle that were super close and caused me break traction and oversteer badly. I stayed super cool and made really really good decisions that came second nature. I’m sure I have solo to thank for that because there is no way I would have reacted pulled off those maneuvers the way I did with no auto-x experience. I imagine my ass would have puckered up, and I would have froze, or at the very least crashed due to the oversteer after avoiding the accident.