Should WNY SCCA continue to run at Batavia's go cart track?

Just like the title says, do you think WNY SCCA should continue holding one event a year at the Batavia go cart track?

If you don’t autocross, and have no intention of autocrossing, please don’t vote.

This same pole is over at the WNY SCCA message board, but I know a lot of people who are more casual autocrossers aren’t on their forums.

it’s fun but it can get boring year after year

Yes and no. BIMP is fun, because it is totally different, but at the same time, it isn’t quite the same as an autocross with all the quick slaloms.

I’m quite indifferent to be honest.

But at the same time, I’d hate to see an event eliminated and not be replaced by another event.

If it wasnt on fathers day this year I would have been there, I think its the only event worth going too

[quote=“jrod0187,post:4,topic:31196"”]

If it wasnt on fathers day this year I would have been there, I think its the only event worth going too

[/quote]

I don’t think it’s the only event worth going to, but for those who feel they have graduated to road courses from parking lots, this is the only event many of them consider running. Father’s day killed it for me this year.

By far the best event in my opinion.

absolutely YES.

Fathers Day Killed it for me.

why are they thinking about ditching it?

[quote=“Thong,post:9,topic:31196"”]

why are they thinking about ditching it?

[/quote]

There is some talk that people are getting bored running there since it’s the same thing every time.

NOOO… its the only course I’m good at haha. I’m bored with seeing cones everywhere. Having 4-5 ECC events a year is lame IMO. Mike you pretty much summed it up to what I was thinking

No, I wont run at Batavia, not enough run off, to many steep drops. I’d rather goto a real AutoX (in a parking lot) or a real road course. Batavia was built with carts in mind and it works great for that (and is a ton of fun). But I never feel safe pushing 11/10ths there, which is why I like AutoX, going to feel a car out in a legal venue without a real worry of serious damage.

[quote=“jrod0187,post:11,topic:31196"”]

NOOO… its the only course I’m good at haha. I’m bored with seeing cones everywhere. Having 4-5 ECC events a year is lame IMO. Mike you pretty much summed it up to what I was thinking

[/quote]

I think it’s a nice change of pace too although I haven’t done autox much lately. Also, nice custom title :rofl:

I liked it, but this was the first time I actually went so I am not bored with it yet… :wink:

In my opinion it is a nice change from the norm and it uses a totally different drive style which is nice.

I don’t mind driving the e30 there… no way would I take out the Z.

Still, it’s like a “low speed” road course / a good intro for people not familiar with driving on a road course (aka I can think of a few ppl @ Dunnville who could have greatly benefited from a BIMP day or two).

i hear theyre deciding about BIMP because the price is too high esp. for the low turnout.

i vote no. the track is ok, wayy smaller than i expected from the pics, but there is no runoff and if you touch the grass youre out for the day. out of 5 runs i only took 4 because i was getting bored with it. i would vote maybe if they fixed the shitty pavement

[quote=“speedracer329,post:16,topic:31196"”]

i hear theyre deciding about BIMP because the price is too high esp. for the low turnout.

i vote no. the track is ok, wayy smaller than i expected from the pics, but there is no runoff and if you touch the grass youre out for the day. out of 5 runs i only took 4 because i was getting bored with it. i would vote maybe if they fixed the shitty pavement

[/quote]

I agree with that a bit, that one “speed bump” in the far corner right before the long straight is dangerous if you hit it too hard you will lock up your wheels which I almost did once.

you can read/join the discussion here: http://wny-scca.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=547

I gave up after 4 because I wasn’t getting any faster. It was a car issue though and I didn’t want to break anything. I like it as a change, if for no other reason than I don’t have to do any course setup, or course walking. Plus you can use it as a gauge year to year to see if you are improving or not, which is handy to those of us in non-stock classes to see if a change we make really is making a difference.

There are several factors going into this decision. And it seems like we come up against it every season. As long as we have enough people that want to do it, we will continue doing it.

Oh, and I’d like to know who thinks they have “graduated” from parking lots.

Nobody has “graduated” - I still autox - it’s the best way to learn car control and to find the limits at safer / slower speeds for less money w/ less prep… I just have a lot more fun for my money with (and can afford to spend it on) track days. Dunnville != “track day” - its cheap lapping practice time at best, but a shitload of fun for $50 lol. My point was BIMP is a good “intermediate” event for those who want to start doing stuff like Dunnville or TMP.