4th Gen camaro info

Looking at getting a 4th gen camaro for the wife. Found one with a 3.4 that has popped the soft plugs. So my questios are this:

1. I know it all comes out the bottom, but how much is involved in an engine swap to a V8? Maybe even a carbed v8 to simplify things.

2. The tranny would need to be changed right? Again looking for simple would a good 700R4 be a good choice?

3. is there any demand for a 3.4 rebuilt tranny?

4. Anything I’m missing???

thanks for the help…
Tom

new front suspension to hold the extra weight.

1.caddle,wiring(all of it),carbed v8 =poop
2. yes & yes
3.no
4.LS1 it!

not really

how much of this do you have?

i would’nt do the carb on it. you will have all the stuff to run efi, may as well use it.

yes EFI it… and yes V6 springs will hold but may feel really soft on the front end and bounce around abit, like a drag car. I like a little handling in my car so i like stiffer springs. V8 used springs are cheap anyway

I really was trying to avoid all of the wiring for now. I was thinking along the lines of using an '86 355 that is sitting in my garage, getting a non-electric style 700R4, and just making it all simple. Just to get it running. Not really looking for any great performance out of it, since it is for my wife.

Hell I have even tossed around the idea of just buying another 3.4 a popping it in.

I didn’t relize that I would have to change the craddle also. I did figure on the wiring and all of that to keep it efi…

How bad do the 3.4’s run anyhow?

what year 4th gen is it? why not try LT1 since they can be had for like 1500 bucks complete with trans. some even less

Its a 93. and really just trying to get it together cheap. really trying to decide if this $500 car is worth it, considering what all it will take to get it together, or just buying a running v8 car instead…

i guess that will all depend on the condition of the car. i think if you found a complete swap in for 2000 bucks or less, and the car is in good condition body/underneath/interior wise, then its a good deal. not sure how many good quality 4th gen V8 Fbuckets are out there for under 3-4 grand… u’d have to shop around or possibly pick up a salvaged/wrecked title car

To be honest this wasn’t our first choice, since we did want a convertible. But you hear $500, and that sounds really cheap, but then you start adding up all of the extras, and all of the money it starts to seem like a bad idea.

The car does need some interior parts to be nice, and the clear coat is starting to peel in two spots, the hood need replaced, but the owner does have a new hood for it, so all of this adds up to a paint job too.

interior should really be an issue. and if you want a nice car you would probbly have to repaint a car in the future , be it a 500 or 3500 car.

$500 wheres it at,i’ll take it!!:smiley:

Thats was the asking price, I’m hoping to get it for around $300

wheres it at???

prob be better off buying a v8 f-body financially

I paid 1k for my car with a bad trans… so the v8 deals are out, I wont mention it came with 1k in extra parts I sold :slight_smile:

Well I bought it, got it for $400. After getting it in the garage I found that it has a bad engine harrness. Not really sure yet if the motor is really bad, or just a wiring problem…