4th gen f-body posi rearend

looking to pickup a rearend to toss into my project '82 T/A
I’m not real picky about what gears are in it, but it’s gotta be posi. disks or drums, doesn’t matter.

I’m in Elma so if you’re reasonably close (within an hour or two away) i’ll be able to pick it up

thanks in advance
-John

im sure you already know this but the 4th gen rears are two inches wider than 3rd gens.

yup, I’m planning on picking up a set of replica zo6 wheels and some spacers for the front somewhere along the line.

go to your fav. place john. camaro specialties… you looking for a 10 bolt or 12?

camaro specialties does not have any 4th gen parts dan.

well when i worked there they had 3 or 4, 3ed gens and i know your FB is also a 3ed Gen… just trying to help out lol… one of those cars could have a posi in it?.. and i didnt realise this posting was for a 4th gen rear end for your 3ed gen o.O

o well, good luck

the posi units in the third gens suck ass. not to say the 4th gen is much better but at least its not a grenade.

whats the size difference (inches) between the 2nd gen and 4th gen? does anyone know?

i know someone who has a few

txt me 341-7959

in what direction?

it’s not a matter of it being too wide or not wide enough. but a second gen rearend will not bolt right in to a third gen like a 4th gen rearend will.

the second gens used a leaf spring rear suspension, everything newer uses coil springs.

i like how keith goes on my nyspeed acct cuz i left it online at work (sunoco)… sorry john keiths retarted…

i also didnt know the 3ed n 4th gen camaros had rear could suspension… ive only ever worked on the 1st and 2nd gens…

did u get my txt today john? about how i was working on the motor at jancens, my heads were leaking water before, then i loosened the head bolts off and re-torqued them, water boured out of the 1 head cuz i loosened it too much. then i re-torqued all the bolts… and they turned the motor and water shot out of the 1 side (header whole)… so they got all the water out and we re-pressure tested the motor and it was fine. were just letting it sit overnight so the rest of the water evaporates. then hopefully finally dynoing it.

is who gonna text you?