1996 Camaro 3.42 Posi rear

Rear is for sale. Richmond 3.42 gears have about 5k miles on them. Previous owner elected not to change axle bearings when changing gears, so now one side is making some noise. The gears look great and no flakes are in lube, so I’m pretty sure it’s one of the bearings. It’s been painted, but I would strip it and give it a better job. I’m going with a different gear ratio.

Asking $250. Pickup in Newfane, NY 14108.

Thanks,
Dan

Bump for an honest seller

Add FS to your title

HEY MAN! I live in Wrights Corners, I need a Limited Slip for my Malibu Wagon. Where abouts you at, Im interested in taking this off your hands. Oh, and PM’ed

I didn’t put the FS - usually do, I don’t think I can edit the title now.

Shawn, I’m just down 78 toward Olcott. About 5 minutes from Wrights Corners. I think the rears are close, but I don’t know if a 4th Gen F-Body rear will fit without some mods. It’s also an anti-lock brake rear - not sure how this will impact the swap. It has special rings on the end of the axle tubes.

I forgot, I have the complete rear disc setup as well - calipers, rotors, e-brake cables, etc for an extra $50. It’s a complete rear - removed with everything attached except wheels.

-Dan

Just a FYI - this is also a bolt in for 82-92 Camaros. Only thing that will need adapted is the E-Brake cables. The rear is 2" wider than 3rd gens which means you either have to live with the 1" on each side or use 4th gen F-Body wheels which have an extra 1" offset.

-Dan