600rr engine temp

just wonderin if it is normal for the outer engine casings on my 04 600 rr to get hot to the point where you cant touch them, i just noticed this tonight and want to make sure this is normal?

what did the temp gauge read? I know i can’t touch my engine when ive been romping on it for a while…

Mine will hover between 170 and 190 ish depending on the temperature outside. It is also for sale in the classified section.

sitting in traffic i get to low 220s. Totally normal on a 600rr. they just have shitty cooling systems. you could try running engine ice, they say it drops in a few degrees.

I’d get 220 before the fan would kick on. And yes very very hot to the touch.

mine would run around 210 in stop and go traffic, then once you got going it would drop around 175-180.

03 04 were the same, in 05 they made some changes to the cooling system. from what i read it lowered temps almost 5 degrees.

i run about 180 unless i sit, i was just making sure my clutch cover wasnt getting to hot** thanks guys

i run 215 at a stop for a while and 160-170 on the go

as long as you’re below 230 or so you’re fine

+1 to everything in this thread… its normal

I was actually wondering that myself about my r6. In stop & go I see 215 then the fan kicks on and it cools down. Around 170-180ish cruising. I was curious if the 215 was normal but now I see it is :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah my 07 r6 does the same, its all normal.

it just sucks on warm days in shorts when its stop and go… basically my legs are on fire

^ joking right?

lol why

This must be your first motorcycle. :stuck_out_tongue:

120*F is about the limit of how hot of something you can touch for up to a second without getting a burn. An engine and exhaust will be well above that under normal operating conditions.

no…i have had 7, just dont remember/given attention to the clutch/case covers

thanks though

:fail:

so are you pissed ive worn shorts?

Yes, brett.

Every sportbike rider on here is the best dressed rider and the most carful and law abiding citizen out there.

I kid.