05 cbr600rr

Hey guys going this week to purchase an 05 cbr600rr

bikes got 6k on it, new tires, flush turns, fender elim, black windscreen, custom paint (NO GAY SKELETONS AND SHIT LIKE THAT, nice candy apple red, he didnt like the gay tribal shit honda puts on their bikes, i dont either, thats one of the reasons this bike caught my eye, one clean color), has exhaust filter and power commander already done

It’s costin me 5k from a private seller

im going wed to pick it up most likely, just a few things

im gonna meet the seller tommorrow to go over the bike, im puttin down a deposit and hes gonna let me take it for a spin

if i let the bike idle, should it sit around 210 F before the fans kick on? i wanna make sure this thing doesnt overheat, im thinkin to let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes

any other problems or recalls on this bike?

anything i should do??

im pumped to be back on a bike! esp with the 600, more than enough power for me and the 60+ mpg, insurance is 400 a year full coverage for me too

let me know guys! i dont wanna relive the last bike i bought

bike also has clear title

ok coming from someone that use to rebuild bikes here is what you want to look for:

The new paint job. Guy might be full of shit and had the bike down so he repainted it. Look over the side covers on the motor, make sure they are not scatched up. If they are replaced with “chrome” ones or something like that. The bike was down. Its not totally a bad thing that the bike was down, just go over it and make sure radiator is not leaking and there are not a bunch of broken tabs. Look around the gas tank, etc for the broken tabs. Another way to tell if the bike was dropped or downed is look at the foot pegs. At the end of them if they are all scartched up the bike was slid down a road. 99% of riders of the street are not good enough to get low enough with the bike to “scrap the pegs” on a sportbike.

When it comes to the 210 degrees, that is normal. Most bikes fans kick on at that temperature.

Check over the front fork seals, make sure they are not leaking from the bike being wheelied and then dropped down hard

I owned a 2004 cbr600rr so I know the bikes pretty good. I bought one that was downed and had to do a lot of work to it to make it right again.

My 600rr would get super hot, well over 210 at idle. I was always at least 12 degrees warmer than Will’s 636 when we cruised, so don’t let that be the deal breaker if everything else checks out. And +1 for the guy being full of shit, it’s rare people paint a clean bike.

Edit: and prepare yourself for possibly the most uncomfortable seat in the entire universe. lol. it’s kind of like sitting on a sheet of vinyl wrapped plywood.

Did you find it on a forum? You could google search his username to see if he posted and crash threads or anything.

I came in to offer advice, and all the good advice has already been offered. Good luck in the search.

Where are you going to pick it up? And 60+ MPG on a 600? Am I the only one who thinks that’s a stretch? I was lucky to get 50 on my 636.

Yeah, it’s a huge stretch but maybe he was just exaggerating a bit. My 10r got 50 on the highway out to VT, but low 30s in town.

See if you can knocka few hundred off the price but other than that everyone is spot on when it comes to look for

He’s already come down in price 800$

About the bike being down: motor/clutch covers are factory, no scratches on them, no scratches on foot pegs, no scratches anywhere, didnt check gas tank tabs yet, forks have no leaks, no leaks at the sign of the radiator, but we’ll find out when i let it sit and take it for a spin

here’s a link to the bike http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mcy/2365517842.html

edit: my old yzf600r got about 300 to the tank 4.5 gal, damn nice, but i ride like a pussy, i’ve only wheelied once, by accident =p

also, i noticed its the TINIEST bike in the world, i can actually be flat footed in flip flops not that i ride with them, every other bike ive been on ive had to stretch or lean to a side, the seat feels just as shitty as my gixxer, not as comfy as my old 600 though

Sure looks nice, hope it all works out for you.

i do this for anything im looking at to buy, whether it be parts/cars whatever

I loved my RR when I had it, but man was it freaking uncomfy. A very flat riding position for sure.

What andy and ryan said…

PLUS… theres no way you’ll be getting 60+ mpg… lol… probably like 40-45

You can flat foot the 600rr?!?! That’s the only bike I COULDN’T get both feet flat on. That’s weird.

I’m 5’8 and i couldnt believe it i was so excited!

i bought the bike, ill be out 2mrrw and have pics up!!! it rides like a dream!!! and it has a fuel gage

Congrats man :tup: Forgot those had a fuel gauge too, always a nice feature.

Congrats, post up some pics, interested in seeing the candy paint job.

toooo lazy to post up pics but man does she shine under the sun