A.M.E.C. Malta-Madness Speedway Autocross! Nov. 7th

REALLY wish i could have been there. im sure everyone had a great time. keep up the great work!!

Here are some additional [and better quality] pics by Pat Stringer for you all.

Nice turnout!

Second set of pictures came out quite well! (seems the camera was better too).

I’m very surprised to hear that Miata got the fastest time of the day. :wow

damni I missed this and Iwas gonna go BUT I had to deal with more garbage in my garage today

Looks like it was a lot of fun. I’ll have to try to get to that and the 'vette events next season. Was anyone running track stickies(not autocross tires), and if so, were they sliding everywhere or could they get enough heat in them?

the miata was f***ing sick it was supercharged with alot of suspenshion mods. i was quick at 56 seconds and he ran a 51 second run :wow . most of the car there were runing 1:02-1:07.

alot of cars were useing track tires and they were doing good. i found with my car with reg street tires i could run it in real hard then lift let the rear slide then get back on the gas but the other purpose built cars could just drive through the turns.I hope i can find a nice set of tires for next year. any ideas on good tires?

Better do this in the spring b4 the dirt goes back on :slight_smile:

And mike, SnowFlake Rally '10? that was fun

I had ALOT of fun.

and did you guys see that insane save I had on the back stretch? I was the black 350z. Coming around that back corner I was at 45 degrees 3 different times and still ran my best time of the day at 59 seconds. :lol

Definetely will be going again if there is one.

The announcement was made last week: the dirt’s not going back on. That’s why they are investing big bucks to repave the track this week. In fact, there are supposed to be crews there right now starting this morning. We may have more than one event next year. :wink:

If they announce one, I’m there!

Ya its a good choice. They can ALOT hold more events on pavement. Bringing that track New/more customers. I think it was a great idea when they announced it this year there taking up the dirt. If the cry babys wanna still race on dirt, theres devils bowl/fonda/LV…etc

And i might be a member next year so everythings cheaper lol

This is awesome… Who do I talk to about holding a drifthustle event there next year?

Are they paving the infield?

NEED INFIELD

The guy to talk to is Darryl Carl. Darryl is our contact with track owner Bruce Richards. Darryl already spoke with Ben at the event and gave him his card to contact him about setting up a drift event. Apparently, Bruce Richards is interested in booking a few more specialty events like ours next year.

I am not aware that there are any plans to pave the infield. You’d need a winning lottery ticket to do that.

FAIL

I spoke with dempsey on Saturday and he said that when whoever spoke with Ben they said they were thinking of doing the infield

I think theres enough room for a drift event Dempsey made it happen. i was so pissed i was in line to race when he came out on the track and tore shit up. All i could see is people scream and jumping. my brother said he would have paid just to see him drift. that car sounds amazin i cant wait to buy the video of the hole event next week.

you drift guys would have loved to see what i did. I was talking to a bunch of older guys about dempsey drifting(they never seen drifting b4) they said all of them thought he was out of control then he stayed sideways right through the gates there jaws droped. you should have seen there faces it was cool i hope the drift scene grows.

Haha awesome, at lot of people think it’s crazy to drift :lol I was showing my dad some of our drift videos and he’s like flipping out with 4 cars on the track the same time, not even tandem! :rofl

That’s good to hear!

We need more local locations for events, and I’m glad to hear they want to participate and help the community, as well as help themselves to more volume of customers.

WIN WIN

The 2010 AMEC autocross scheduled with a drifting event has been planned for a series.

The first date is for May 8th.
Stay posted for details or got www.icerace.com for updates

Darryl