Edinburg or AMEC event @ Malta?

Thinking about going to one of these two autox events Saturday. I’ve been to an AMEC event and I like the speed, but never been to Edinburg. My car sucks on slow, tight courses…anybody done both and have advice?

fixed

fyi there are 3 “autox” events this weekend; AMEC, Edinburgh and SCCA. Each has their benefits and downfalls. AMEC is only Saturday, SCCA is only Sunday and Edinburgh is either day so that may help you make your decision.

Also- Edinburg has two ‘events’ on Saturday, but only one on Sunday. Basically, morning and afternoon heats Saturday versus one morning heat Sunday.

Go to Edunburg saturday and SCCA sunday. I’ve been to the Malta one as well and, not for nothing, I think they set it up way tighter than edinburg could ever dream of being. Aside from the high speed entry into the turn at the beginning of the second lap, it was much slower and tighter.

And since thats your concern, thats why I brought it to the table. Malta was fun, though.

Jeff K-
I guess what I mean is, my car excels in mid/high speed turns and long straights. This is important because it helps compensate for the driver who doesn’t excel in any driving conditions.

ErnGotti-
Thanks for the advice, that’s what I was wondering.

I can’t find directions or an address for the Edinburg track…anyone have it?

We’re meeting at AutoZone parkinglot at 8am on Rt30 in Johnstown, you’re more than free to cruise on up with us.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=7dK&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&gs_upl=7316l11948l0l12031l10l10l0l0l0l0l1355l4856l2-3.1.1.1.0.2l8l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.&biw=1183&bih=754&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=edinburg+ny+airport&fb=1&gl=us&hq=airport&hnear=0x89de53e9646cf6ed:0x5e11befdda6f7691,Edinburg,+NY&cid=12780191766483719835