Anyone have a box truck?

Dom and I are moving on Dec. 31 and we will need a box truck. We are moving from near Washington to Shaler, and think we will need around a 15 foot truck. It could be a trailer or a truck with an attached cab. My parents have a pickup with a tow hitch we can use. If anyone has one they are willing to rent out, let us know how much $$$. I looked at uhaul and it would be about $87 to rent a 17’ truck with a cab, and I’m told they also add about $20 of fees onto the total. Any help would be appreciated.

wow when i moved uhaul was only like $30 and that was in august

It is a one way move, as in we pick the uhaul up in Washington and drop it off in Pittsburgh, also it’s a truck with a cab, not a haul behind trailer. It’s also a larger truck, not the smallest size they have. I have a gigantic sectional couch that is going to take up a ton of room, this is the main reason we need a uhaul.

oh yeah 1 way moves suck through uhaul… i didnt get the smallest wit was the middle sized one…where you movin to in PGH?

Yeah, I haven’t even started packing yet. We need a lot of the stuff out to use until we move. I hate moving. We got an apartment in Shaler.

Go to ryder :doh:

ok smartypants…I did and they don’t do one way moves :doh:

Also, it would be $60 just to rent the truck, then .59 cents a mile on top of that. And we would have to pay for about 80 miles since they don’t do one way moves. Uhaul is the best option at this point unless someone has a truck we can borrow.

go to homedepot and rent thier pickups

pay a mover

I moved a few times over the years and will never move by myself again. pay the movers, sit back and drink, enjoy the new place. :smiley:

I’ll check their rates, my mom suggested lowe’s but I didn’t see anything on their website about renting trucks.

Probably the best idea, but I’m on a tight budget. Also, this is prob way too last minute to even get a mover. We are moving on the 31st.

doesn’t hubby make $150k/year at expedient now? :slight_smile:

I’m sure he’s in cahoots w Whitey on Pittspeed now so he must be up around the 1.5 mil mark

How much would it be to take the truck back to where you picked it up at? It may be worth the extra travel hassels?

marge,

why does it have to be one way… the way you’re talking is that washington pa is 500+ miles away!!! lol… just rent one from pittsburgh, drive to washington to get your shit then drive it back when you’re moved.

or make your lazy boyfriend get off his ass, call his friends and get some help… just dont’ let him call me… otherwise we’d just cut your couch up to fit in the beds of trucks… :bowrofl:

I heard Whitey makes ~$250k/month off of pittspeed alone. 8Grand probably only gets $50k/month if that.

:smiley:

… no he makes 250… he just spends 200k on cheetos a month so he net’s 50

rent uhaul on mcknight road… drive to old house, load up drop off at new house return to mcknight road. It would probably be around 100 bucks plus gas. I dunno that seems pretty cheap to me

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

mmm wish i still had some. shouldntve eaten all them in 3 days

i always rent at the one on rt 8 in shaler… they always seem to have a deal.