Anyone Work At Bestbuy Or Apple?

you can get the screen replacements for like $20 on ebay. They are cheap and easy to do.

sounds like apple dood is helping …if not shoot me a pm and i can let you know who else to talk to

Ya anytime I have been in there, the wait for a “genius” to help you is like 2-4 hours. I am surprised one time the board didnt just say “Come back tomorrow”.

Are they free help or are people actually paying for them to help them install iTunes?

They are free. Its just an advanced form of customer service.

BuickGN has a TON of apple hate… Did Steve Jobs touch you when you were a child?

lol :slight_smile:

^^ it’s not that working there makes me feel smarter, but when your going to school it’s the best place to be. Plus, the discount/other perks make it that much more worth it. (been there for 2 years, really dont mind it)

There really are no strings that can be pulled in this case, and AFAIK no place sells an accidental plan on an ipod touch. Your best bet would be to either sell it broken and buy a new one, or buy the parts to fix it (it probably wont look as nice when your done, keep that in mind)

The most bestbuy could even do for you is send it out (no charge as long as it’s less than a year w/ receipt) and they would contact you the cost of repair…but keep in mind as with apple directly, labor isn’t cheap, but it would look like it should, and it would be warrantied for 90 days.

i thought u worked at geek squad?

I do, i thought that statement was directed at both the genius bar and geek squad.

Wait, what store do you work at?

There are 3rd party companies that sell accidental warranty and extended warranties. We deal with a company called WaCa. I have been selling these warranties for Palm PDAs and Apple computers. You submit it to them and they fix or replace it.

They are priced based on the cost of them item. So not sure if I could help with an already broken iPod, but if anyone else wants to buy a warranty to cover their hardware. We can even get them for LCD and Plasma tv’s :slight_smile:

As for the Genius Bar and geek Squad. Both terrible names. Our manager had the lame idea of copying that and making a Wizard’s Desk for salespeople to sit and answer questions, complete with an 80’s cheesy graphic he probably found off Corel Draw.

galleria… (horton…)

Wizards Sleeve!

oh wtf. I didn’t know that was you man!

make an appointment online before you go to the store so you don’t have to wait.

How much is insurance on my iPhone 3G?

I dont wanna smash it drunk one night and have to buy another one for $500 bucks…

On a side note, my small company has like 5 guys with MCSE’s, Avaya, IBM, and a bunch of other certs in a office that takes internal help desk calls that we refer to as the TRC (Technical Resource Center). I think I am going to recommend we call them a stupid name.

Stupid question, but how much did you pay for it (pre-tax, rebates, etc?)

Well technically $499 + tax so like $525 or something. I had to get a check back from Apple once ATT reset my contract for the difference so I paid the 2 year contract price of $299 in theory.

Checking into it. I asked my rep. Should have an answer tomorrow.

Its a $50 fix if its the outer glass/digitizer.DIY!! :slight_smile: