apple store can suck a kak

[rant] my bro went in to the apple store to get his ipod fixed at probably…3 or 4 oclock…he was trying to be really easy going about it, …doesnt NEED it back soon or anything, just wants to drop it off to get fixed and he’d pick it up whenever, …he got it in the cram and jam deal when i bought an ibook a year ago and he bought applecare so he thought they’d take care of him…they wouldnt let him drop it off!..they gave him this whole pile of crap that u can only drop things off from 6-8pm…he is the kind of person that will argue just to prove a point or a principle and they said to come back in 3 hours and fill out paperwork…why is their customer service retarded? is it just us? or shouldnt u be able to drop ur friggn ipod off at the store and they can put ur name and number on it and leave it for a repair guy or some shit? blah, i hate people and business. [/rant]

well some stores have rules
the customer cannot really make their own :frowning:

no one was trying to make rules, just wanted to drop off an ipod …he didnt need it back by any time, doesnt care what/when anything was done as long as at somepoint it was done because applecare was purchased which is more than 1/4 the price of the product which is also kind of silly…its just people have busy schedules and making extra time to be at the apple store to simply hand someone an ipod is stupid when u are there 3 hours earlier

i agree, its kind of stupid but hey wat are u gonna do, at least they will fix it at some pint

i know but what im saying is beggers cant be choosers, if you will.

i wont…beggers? their product broke after a year

nah i def agree with ya, its not like he demanded to get it fixed, why not be able to drop it off? they don’t NEED the repair guy there for them to drop it off, pretty retarded if u ask me

well by paying for an extra service , hes no longer a “begger”

it is quite stupid that they have a 2 hour drop off window, but i suspect its their way of regulating how much broken shit they get in a day

actually i wouldnt be surprised if the “repair guy” was from a seperate company, and in order to keep everything straight and legal, they arnt allowed to take stuff without him there.

that’s odd

I believe they ship it to Apple service anyways. I don’t think they do any of the repairs on iPods in house.

I would contact Apple and see what they can do. I talk to studetns at my work that say they get a free upgrade when they have their iPod repaired.

If he got it during Cram and Jam, it’s most likely a 4th Gen. They don’t make those anymore and won’t ship him a refurb as part of the warranty. I would bet Apple would get him a new 30Gb or 60GB video as a replacement if it needs replacement since he went and bought the additional AppleCare.

Cliffnote - Go directly through Apple Service. Forget the Apple store.

they dont fix anythign there really…they send it all away…wnet throught the same thing when my g/f’s ibook harddrive took a shit…her applecare was up by like a month and they wouldnt do anything for her…which was ok her warranty was up…but then they make u pay for the shipping too…which is gay but oh well

I’m sure they fix some components like their computers. But I believe all iPods get sent back to Apple.

If you don’t want to deal with the crappy timeframe for repairing computers, my work is an Apple Authorized repair center. UBMicro on North Campus of UB does Apple repairs and the techs are knowledgable and quick. We get a lot of people that originally brought their computer to the Apple store to come to us.

But for iPods, go directly to Apple.

thanks much joe

Sucks that they are rude there. I have heard several people complain abut the customer service that the apple store provides and it makes me sad that I was a part of that team. When I worked there the employees were nothing but curtious.

Do you know whom you spoke with?

You are aware that they have reserved times at the repair center (The genious bar)?

I was also told that they do not repair iPods at the store… they will give you another re-man one or you can get yours sent back to apple and they will repair it there.

Again… Sorry to hear about the bad experience… it’s a shame because the stores have been created so that they expose more ppl to Apple comptuers… if they do it by being dicks… that’s not going to help them.

yeah, at least they are honoring their warranty. :shoot:subarau

That is bad customer service.
You should be able to drop it off at any time, especially if you PAID for applecare.
I bought the the new iPOD a couple weeks ago and a guy named Jake was very helpful.

I’m suddenly reminded of the commercial - “whatever happened to customer service?” I suppose they may be minimizing the amount of company-liable merch in the store by limiting the times you can drop it off, but when you’re number two, you should be playing catch up, not shoot-yourself-in-the-foot.

cliff: call crapple and say what fuck the.

Jake was one of the orrig ppl there, I remembr him being a caring person. They have hired Holiday help this year :frowning: that means quality of help and customer service is the suck.

apple eats ass