So my iPod has died...

7 days after warranty expired. The wheel died, and it’s the second time it’s died…last one replaced free of charge. They turned me down saying “UGH 7 DAYS.”

Any suggestions/legalities I can do?

which one do you have? Can you give it to someone with a warranty and they’ll trade it in for you?
or do they look at the serial #?

They look at the serial # to determine when the warranty is up, and they’re all registered afaik.

I have a 20gb standard issue.

Ask for a supervisor. Call the news.

lol why? they’d laugh

the warranty expired… what can you say?

i had an ipod for 3 years till it bit the dust… and the whole time i knew it was going to eventually die, and that’d i’d need to replace it

if you bought one in the first place it shouldnt be a big deal to buy another one

great, anyone feel like contributing something useful now that we got that out of the way?

I just want to see mary travers try to get you a new one.

lol. the supervisor thing didnt work, and the news thing…eh.

the warranty expired. sorry.

thats about all anyone is going to tell you. this is why i cant stand ipods, they are pieces of shit.

ok get a new one, have the serial etched into the back the broken one by someplace like ‘things remembered’, return for $$ and keep working ipod

It sounds like you are being too nice… You need to go into the Apple store and be a huge asshole… Seriously, get loud and you will get what you want… Go off on a rant how the new wheel should be warrantied from the day it was replaced, not from when it was first purchased. If you don’t get it replaced you will never shop Apple again, etc, etc. At the very least you should be able to get a hefty discount on a new ipod.

Remember, “the squeaky wheel gets the grease”

no. if u come into my store, being an asshole and whatnot like you are describing will make me yell right the fuck back at you. be an asshole to me = NOT GETTING SHIT.

its not my fault ur product isnt working, 9 times out of 10 its user error anyway

Then I will get you fired… End of Story

edit: And THEN I will get my ipod fixed

no my supervisor tells you to go eat a dick. Kthx.

Seriously, if any of my managers had a customer tearing them apart, and they called me in to handle it i would do just the same. Sometimes you have to fire the customer. It is a simple rule of business

Retail doesn’t always work that way. If the guy runs the store who is going to fire him? Corporate won’t do anything unless the person did something horribly offensive to the customer. Your best bet is to be nice as you can then the people feel bad for their company fucking you over and at least try a little harder to help you out.

there is no way you would get me fired.

edit: AND you would get your ipod fixed, but i would be laughing at you when ur handing me the money for the repair bill.

get evolve fired?!? for what :lol:

for your expired warranty

Considering the ipod is only 7 days out of warranty and the wheel has already been replaced I think he deserves a new wheel free of charge. You obviously don’t work in retail if you think you can get your way by being nice, you might as well bend over for them and take it like a champ… I’ve only worked in retail for 5 years, but I ALWAYS see the loud assholes get there way. That doesn’t mean they are assholes either, it just means they know they can get what they want by being an asshole…

DarkstarR, go into that store being an asshole (try to do so without swearing), and you will get what you want. If you don’t, and if half these kids have the balls they claim to, maybe you will get lucky and the manager will be an asshole right back at you. Then you get to write to corporate and not only complain about how they won’t fix your ipod but you also get to complain about the poor customer service…

buy a broken one online and swap your hard drive into it… but make sure its the same hardware