attn: highschool/college wrestlers

Wanna wrestle me?

nyspeed wrestling tourney!

I wrestled for a while until I sprained my ankle in the lamest way possible. Literally, softball size ankle for 2 weeks. That hurt like all hell.

Train your joints and range of motion well. The flexibilty will help your coordination and speed quite a bit.

Were you foot fucking a guy? Because that must be the lamest way that I can think of…

Unless you slipped on a bananna peel…

okay less drama imo.

thanks for the words of advice violator, guys.

did anyone watch that clip i posted? jacare is intense…

Right at the start of the match. … like the second step I took while grappling, the pos popped. I have no idea what happened but it was lame. There was no obvious sign of injury but I could not put any pressure on it so I had to forfeit the match. I looked like a PUSSY

3 hours later, in the ER, i have a softball tumor

Sureshot,
I agree with all of these guys for wrestling, but for submission remember you do not want to expose your back for fear of rear nake choke, amongst others. Work on your shrimping (from bottom) and top mount (well, obviously from top) until you can get the feel of balance and then start working with your opponents balance. I understand balance doesn’t change because of sport, but different objectives change how you focus on moves. I wouldn’t suggest using advanced techniques such as knee in the chest (correct term??) or things of that nature until your extremely comfortable from these other two positions. Just keep rolling with a partner until these things become second nature on the mat. Rolling with a wrestling objective is very different then submission, I often did the same things regarding fear of exposure of my back which gave my opponent easy submissions. Best of luck.

oh i absolutely have no interest in giving my back up, lol.

i practice a lot of closed and half guard- a lot of sweeps leave you in side control / mount- and thats where i’m losing my balance / posture… nothing replaces experience of course- i just dont always have the time to get to classes because of work etc.

i guess im just more comfortable on my back then on top… and im trying to find drills and stuff to help me improve that :shrug:

buy a motorcycle already… lol

:tup: nyspeed wrestling tourny

if i could go back i wouldnt have wrestled for 6 years, i would have just learned the skill of slammin and suplexing people on their heads.

in for the 140lb weight class :-p

im not reading all these posts but if your base im guessing stance best advice is to stay on your toes, circle your opnent, and makeing wieght or class? i tryed to do school wrestling and work and tha wasnt working i chose work, for food tuna and noodles low fat yogart, gatorade and water it suck but its works i was cerified at 130 but had to make 119 alot
hondajdmmotors is my s/n i got a lot more if you want some help

UB has Both clubs http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/recreation/sportsclubs/index.shtml

Call them up

in for open weight class.