ATTN: Mavis lovers (sorry nick)

The fact that he said it was nearly 20 years old should have given that away.

ya he was talking about his bmw, i saw it at ass today saggin ass in the wet parkinalot

lol looks great tho srs

My bad

My tire prices are right there with tire rack if not a little less there bud. U cant give vague details and say they were trying to pull on over on you.

Sounds like they work alot like we do at the dealerships, falt rate hours which means the tech broke a bolt and cried because he would have to remove said bolt and not get paid to do it.

If it were my self in the situation i would have done the alignment for free and had a tech do the whole thing as a favor to me for making their paycheck with other customers cars.

they prolly didnt know how to remove the bolt without jacking his car up . . there is a thing called a torch that would have made thingsssss a lottt easier to move when rusty . .not saying im perfect but my god most of the shit we see come out of places like that just makes us real techs laugh our asses offffff

^this

They did treat you poorly and you were correct in being upset.

The whole thing should have gone like this. Tech should have brought car in, mounted sensors and attempted adjustment. When he realized that the camber adjusters in the rear were siezed he should have told the manager. The manager should have then gone and said customer X your rear camber eccentrics are siezed for us to successful complete a full 4 wheel alignment it will cost x number of dollars to replace these bolts in addition to the 80 bucks. What most people don’t realize is that schmuck who is working on your vehicle well his paycheck depends on how much work he puts out at the end of the week and he really doesn’t get paid that much. So moral of the story is don’t go to chain stores, but don’t be surprised if you go to a legit shop and they tell you that it’s gonna cost more then 80 bucks to get your 15 year old car aligned.

i wasnt ragging on you in anyway, you werent there for the occasion i mentioned.

hurp and durp that work there though, they need to focus on the tire mounting and not so much on my fathers GTO and how it sounds at 5 grand

i would have paid for the replacement bolts and labor no issues. but they didnt want to help me out and left the car as is. so fuck them.

went to ASS and got treated like i was VIP haha. did everything i asked and even lubed everything for me. Thanks ASS!

:rofl ASS lube…

My only point was that a lot of time people don’t really think about what it costs when they throw a fit and end up getting something for free. (not saying you were) It might be good for them, but they’re literally taking money out of some poor persons’ check that probably doesn’t make all that much to begin with. It’s kinda like working in a restaurant, once you’ve had a job in one you have a lot more appreciation and respect for the people that work there and tend to treat them differently.

Without naming names…
I took my 04 Explorer for tires, only got two as the fronts were ok… I was the retard that never thought that switching only 2 tires on and AWD Ford does mean things to the transfer case… ask slowmarro what he found soon after… I blame me for stupidity, Mavis for not even a suggestion… and delivering a car back that made huge trans noises as it was driven away…

But a buddy bought his benz 550 sel in for tires… all week the car was wobbling around feeling all unbalanced… took car back and was told 3 rims were bent… while perhaps true…we put wheels back on balancer…and the wobbled like hell… should this not have been mentioned when the tires were balanced the week before? As they were no where near balanced. Mavis kindly offered to try to have rims straightened for $220 each. Further questions told us they were taking wheels to Pro-Line or whatever down the street…we went there… they said $40 per wheel… and they simply use a mallet to try to make it better. Thats excessive margin for anyone…

Good companies need to not be afraid of suggestions when suggestions are legit.

that case was wrecked , i cant belive its still around . and those cases dont make noise there pretty strong . in fact mk430r was there that day as well

hammer + rotor is standard operating procedure. You’re not nursing the thing back to life. MAN UP.

^this

your paid to replace it and the faster you get the old one off without causing colateral damage the better off you are.

Mavis is awesome, go there.

/thread

I’ve never had a problem getting my rotors off without a hammer? Maybe thats just me.

maybe you need to work on more cars then.

experience > *

dude , i can tell ya how many times ive hammered the shittttttttt out of rotors to get them off . esp dodge trucks lol

On my Miata I took a sledge to them for a good 30 minutes, going in every possible angle and direction and absolutely destroying the old ones, after soaking them in PB blast and other tricks until they finally came off.

That anti seize trick is a good suggestion.