local car owner rant

So yesterday afternoon I had some free time in between classes and preparing for my finals. A local Cobalt owner who I know strictly through facebook and texts from him asking me how to do certain things to his car asked me if I could help him install a set of pedals on his car. I said no biggie, just bring me a double stacker meal as payment for my help and we’ll be good to go.

Right here the kid says “I am not your servant, bro.” :wierd First of all, if I am helping somebody with something, and allowing you over my house to use MY tools, MY electricity to power the heater in my garage, and (more importantly) my fucking TIME, you will damn well bring me a 7 dollar meal from burger king.

So right there that pissed me off, and I told this kid not to bother coming over unless he brought me my food. He agreed to give me 5 dollars to help him install these pedals (which won’t even cover what I wanted :lol). I gave in and told him to come over.

So he arrives, I have him pull his car into my heated garage so I can help him with his gas pedals. Grabbed my toolkit and worklight and started unbolting the OEM gas pedal from the bracket underneath the dashboard.

As I’m doing this, the kid rambles on about how he knows exactly how to install these pedals and basically was telling me how EASY it was, just that he didn’t have the right tools so he couldn’t do it himself.

First off, I don’t know anyone who mods a vehicle yet doesn’t own a toolkit. That right there raised a red flag. And SECOND, if I am doing a fucking favor for you, don’t tell me how to do something, ESPECIALLY if you don’t know the first damn thing it is that you are talking about!

So me, being the angry italian that I can be in certain situations, stopped unbolting the gas pedal assembly, stood up, and handed him the wrench and told him to get to work. After about 5 minutes he stopped and said he had to go and couldn’t get the pedal out :lol Moron.

I told him as a favor he could borrow my wrench and go home to his house and install the pedals himself. So after coaxing him out of my house he finally left. But it gets better.

The brake (and clutch as well, but his car is auto so theres only a brake) pedal is a bitch to get off. You have to heat the OEM one with a heat gun, then use a butter knife to pry it from the arm assembly, and then pretty much reverse that. Simple? Yes, but time consuming due to the pain in the ass factor of it.

So today I get a text from the kid asking me how to UNCLIP A PLUG ON TOP OF THE PEDAL ASSEMBLY. :rofl Are you fucking kidding me? Normally i’d be happy to help someone, but when you act like you know everyfuckingthing under the sun, ESPECIALLY about a car that I too happen to own and have done plenty of work on MYSELF, INCLUDING what it is that you are trying to do, don’t play it off like you know more than I do and then ask me for my help, because you will receive NONE.

Next text I get is “How do I get the brake cover on bro?” Which I was nice enough to explain that you need a butter knife and heat to pry it off and press the new one on. He then goes "I know. I’ll get it. "

:wtf No you don’t know you stunad, because if you did know you wouldn’t be asking me how to get a brake pedal cover on, you *****. I pretty much told him that, minus the stunad and **** part.

That’s about it. But I mean damn, I take the time to help someone, offer them my warm garage, tools, time, etc and I get nothing but a cocky attitude in return as well as no compensation whatsoever for my assistance.

Some people’s children.

Was this brandon??

Yeah.

Kid really needs to learn how to act and appreciate things when others are trying to offer their EDUCATED ASSISTANCE towards the subject matter.

Haha I know. I helped him on his intake shit with chris (red led cobalt). He didnt really do anything besides talk alot

Thats why I dont help many people out. Ill give advice to anyone, but usually only work on friends cars.

Buying aftermarket pedal covers was his first mistake in the matter.

That kid looks like a rump roaster with a wack ass ricer Cobalt.

Yea I dont get that ?

Did he bring up the idea about putting lights or some shit in his door sill. He said it was some cobalt mod

shoulda of just texted him back with ha-bib and thats it

+rep

That stinks… Well, oftentimes people feel entitled and don’t appreciate advice.

It’s another thing though when these people have the nerve to still be arrogant on top of all that…

Yeah. I don’t know what the fuck he’s talking about, but an aluminum door sill is an aluminum strip that goes INSIDE THE DOOR SILL. Not sure where the ‘lights’ go…

It’s a ricer mod never the less.

Yeah, no kidding.

The kid doesn’t even know how to install a fucking air intake. Not an intake MANIFOLD, but a fucking metal pipe with a filter on the end that connects to the throttle body, yet acts like he did a full engine build on his car himself.

ANYTIME I go somewhere with my car (or bike) and someone helps me, I am more than grateful for their assistance, and I am sure to let them know that.

is this the kid with the galactic red tailights on the balt

aha one of the kids

I hate people who help me work on cars, they suck and don’t know anything

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs279.snc1/10632_161571095904_573095904_2776852_5519211_n.jpg

So much fail in the thread :facepalm

Here are the cliffs

That’s about it.

I got started to get bored so it took a wierd turn towards the end.

I hate people that watch you work on a car and they say they will help and they never do.They wind up coming to your house wearing a fuckin polo and nice jeans.They just stand around with there hands in there pockets and bitch about random shit.Then when they need help with something … its like wtf ?

Why is stunad edited from my post?

It means ‘stupid person’ in Italian.

Put it back, oh mighty admin.