Does anybody ever wrench on their cars around here?

I never see or hear of anyone working on their car here. Seems like everyone just takes it to a garage or something. Any one ever gather for a “mod day” where everyone pitches in and helps work on cars? I like working on them and am always up to lend a hand, and can always use a hand to get mine finished.

(awaiting some dumbass comment from darkstar)

I do all winter, but I dont trust anyone to work on my car other than hold something into place or something…

yep same here.

We do, but no one wants to include you, because no one likes you.

I work on all mine but don’t like spectators.

I work on others since mine will never be done

Oh that’s fine, I don’t like any of you fuckers either. I really don’t like people wrenching on mine but having someone to BS with makes the work go faster. It’s all good though, I’m sure this thread will at least wake everyone up from sleeping or darkstar will crawl out of his hole and do some flaming at least. That’s well worth it IMHO.

yeah i remember the GTP owners used to have a mod day years ago. think a lot of performance oriented car owners have kind of faded away recently. the only ones who still do “mod” days are the GTO owners they are a tight group that help each other a good bit from what i have seen.

I used to get together with a bunch of friends for “garage day” where we’d hang out in the driveway working on someone’s car throwing back beers… the women were inside cooking dinner and drinking wine… then we stop sit down for dinner and watch the Soprano’s (yeah it’s been that long)

Now we got other shit to do, and I’m lucky when I find time to wrench and it’s usually at somewhat odd hours…

Lost interest for me. I’m pussied about nicking cdl license with a car that can reach 80+
Maturity in a car goes out the window.

You’re welcome to come help me bleed the brakes again since I’ve been procrastinating. At least there will be two of us if we crash!

Seems like there’s two groups around. Those who are into the scene, enjoy cars and the people then there are the shitbags who clutter up a good thread pissing and moaning. It’s at least good to know some of the former are still around, even if life has taken priority over wrenching. I know with my kids, I’d rather be playing in the park than wrenching but I still try to when I have free time or the house is empty.

I like drinking beer and eating pizza while other people work on thier cars. Ask Jeff, he can vouch

I’m a punk, I don’t drink anymore. Water is cheaper and if i’m gonna piss it out anyway, might as well be cheap. Pizza is good though.

Those GTO owners promised to clean my car. All they do is give me shit about how dirty my rx7 is…:crying:

I hate cleaning…

no

I worked on my turd (GTO) almost daily for about 2 months of this summer. Now I’m pissed at it and do not want to deal with it.

+1 for not allowing others to work on my vehicles. Shit happens when I’ve had help in the past, so I choose to do it on my own and not have shit happen.

I do alot of work on other’s cars, though. Did some work on a friend’s Corvette and some work on my dad’s Crown Vic on Saturday. Kept me busy for the day. No time for my own stuff.

I used to work on a lot of friends cars. Lately I’ve been trying to concentrate on mine but the kids are just too much fun. I REALLY want to hit the strip at least once more this year before they all close.

I usually work on mine every two months or so when something breaks:)

is the exhaust still holding up that we did?