Working on cars

:dunno:

I only work on mine…it’s my therapy :nuts:

is fun 94% of the time

all of the above

I work for Brian :smiley:

I enjoy working on my poopstang and my truck :smiley:

sick of the car scene hopefully next year I want have to worry about my car

what got me into working on cars— no money to pay other people to do it. I mean come on, i drive a fucking cabriolet. do you think i bought that car originally in 1999 planning to do wtf i did to it. It just kinda happened. Wrecked it, no $, ='s fix it urself. While ur fixing it, motor swap it for bigger motor, and shit snowballs from there. The more you know, the more you want to do. The more people tell you you can’t do it, the more you want to prove them wrong. Plus, it is therapy.

yea fuck cars

says the biker boys!:rolleyes:

:blue:

I dont know how to do anything major like motor swap, etc. but I always find myself doing little bolts ons and fixing other peoples fuckups. Its fun to work on other peoples cars and gain experience.

Right now I have way too much shit going on to devote time to my truck, but I still enjoy working on cars when I get the time.

i can only do minimal things. i found myself getting alot of help from bics and steel city over the summer…thanks guys :kekegay: :love:

dont wher good shorts all the time!!!:kekegay:

corvette drivers always where good shorts and ray bans so they can impress other corvette drivers :greddy: its a cult i tell ya

:bowrofl: there werent any other corvtte guys to impress at the bbq though. also, i havent purchased Ray-Bans as of yet. i have a pair of Arnette and Spy. maybe in 30 years ill make the switch

when i worked at napa they used to call my house the shade tree mechanics garage, always helpin my buddies out

i pretend

IMO doing it yourself is 60% of the fun. A guy I work with has put $10,000 into his RSX-S, doesn’t do any of the work himself, and still is barely in the 14’s. I get along with him and talk cars with him, but I don’t see the point. At least if he did the installs himself I might be able to understand. I’ve even offered to let him use my garage and my tools. I think there is a lot of satisfaction to be able to say that you built the car yourself.

The only frustrating thing is when you end up not having all the right tools, but that’s just an excuse to buy what you need and have it for future use.

Oh, and it also helps if your car isn’t a daily driver. :smiley:

tell him he needs a new mechanic - me