Catch can design and fabrication

Just hook up your vac line before the turbo. With a good baffle you won’t pull oil through the turbo into your intake piping.

what vac line are you talkin about? I am lost here. :frowning:

Vac line from the catch can, instead of filters.

also the only vac/boost refs I need are BOV, WG and FPR. or and a gauge somewhere. all those are closed systems too, so those lines are going to be bone dry 24/7

yeah for recirc. gotcah.

filters ftw… no extra mumbojumbo lines under the hood.

pmd

replied homie.

I like the idea of recirculation. Vacuum in the crankcase is known to promote ring seal and reduce oil leaks. In the sake of cleanliness the filters are fine. A guy on LS1Tech did a good PCV set up with a turbo car. Yes it did need a few check valves.

tooo much effin work…

that car made 700+whp from a 1.8T… if it works for him it will work for me!

So you design and TIG weld your own intakes and catch cans but a functioning PCV system is too much work? LoL. To each their own. For a max effort drag car you can probably never get enough air out.

You won’t see the benefit to run case vacuum to promote ring seal(using low tension rings) until at least 12-14" hg, and you can’t get that running off an intake manifold or turbo inlet while the engine is under any sort of useful load… If you’re pulling more than 1-1.5"hg in your inlet tube, you have a clogged air filter.

that’s why people with big HP doing this either run a separate belt driven vacuum pump, or a dry sump system with roots scavenge sections that create case vacuum.

Good stuff KK. What are everyone’s thoughts on exhaust crankcase evacuation setups?

works and gets the job done, just don’t ask EPA to agree with me

actually it made 981Whp.:thumbup

zoom motha-fawka! but damn still FWD(?!?!?!) :banghead

Holy mother of god! lol

yep, and still ran a 10. LOL not really, i dont know the latest on the car.

Thats ED car from forcefed, current time is high 9’s just testing. He went to texas this past weekend but got rain out. Most of the FWD making this power are running low 9 anf 8’s on a 24.5" tire.

Nice setup, nothing wrong with not having vacuum. With that amount of capacity and those nice large breathers, its unlikely that you will ever see any positive pressure.

uuuuuuuuuugh. All these powerstroke morons take the CCV tube and run it out of the engine compartment and all the way out the back of the truck. The very next week they post up about a front or rear main leak. :facepalm

Adam, The oil in the intake doesn’t really bother me much at all, in any of my cars. Is this a useful mod to do in the a) the cobra b) the tdi or c) the truck? Also HOW should these be done? Should I be going to catch-can and recirc or should I just vent? I’m really tired of being confused about it.

exactly, and if you do you’ve probably got bigger issue to worry about in the bottom end.

I’ll typically do a closed loop system on a mild car that’ll likely see the 3K mile oil changes only because a closed loop system purges alot of the acidic air out of the crankcase that can contaminate the oil. On a car like something we drive, we take better care and are more prone to change the oil more often so it’s kinda null and void at that point.

diesels have a tendency for more blowby, hence why the oil is NASTY shit when it comes time to change it. On the 2500 I run a typical exhaust CCV system right into the DP as previously mentioned. Have never had an issue in the ~2 years it’s been like that. I haven’t touched the duramax as it’s my sisters, but If it were mine I’d do the same thing.

global warming is here, might as well ride the wave :lol