oil catch can and oil vapors

the other day when i took off my intake to get at something else, i noticed there is oil vapors collecting in my intake and building up slight oil residue goin up into the TB on my car. unfortunately this is gonna be the best pic i have

the tube comin off the top of the valve cover, by the oil cap, is lettin some oil vapor in the intake system. eveywhere ive searched(honda tech, team integra, etc…) all say this is noraml and why there is some smoke sometimes in vtec hondas. ok, i can deal with that. they also said that a catch can will help this problem. so i reinstalled my catch can but its not helping taht problem. probably because(and i didnt think about this at first) the catch can is collectin the vapors between the pcv system and the intake manifold and the oli vapors coming from the valve cover are waay before the pcv system. so a little oil in the intake since its normal, and slight smoke doesnt bother me. what bothers me is i think this is whats contributing to my idle problems. i cleaned out my old idle air control valve a few times, every time it was quite black with oil residue. well that one quit working so i got a new one. works fine, but then the other day it started to idle goofy again. not sure if its from the oil vapors entering the intake system or not but i dont wanna take any chances.

so heres my idea, what about puttin in one of them small, plastic, see thru fuel filters in line between the valve cover and the intake pipe? think this would help my problem, and think the filter element would hold up? i need some ideas

The filter element should hold up for a bit, but once oil vapor-laden air is shot through the tube you won’t be able to see through it anymore.

What condition are your rings and valve seals in right now? As those to parts wear in higher mileage honda’s you end up with more blow by and more shit in your PCV system.

I don’t think this is contributing to your idle problems though. There are tons of cars out there burning more oil that you (mine is one of them) without idle issues.

hmm, good point. since hybrid re did the motor there is about 70K on it.

You said you replaced your IACV a few times, any chance you pulled some of the connections loose? Intermittancy is not usually associated with mechanical failure…but electrical / loose vacuum would do it.

i pulled the old one off to clean it, and then reinstalled it maybe 3 times. it didnt fix the problem after then second try, i know that ones problem was mechanical failure. it got to the point the car wouldnt run wihtout it throwin a code for it. i’ll have to check the lines again