Turbo people, how do you have you PVC hooked up.

I was recently blowing blue smoke out of my exhaust while letting off the throttle while driving. I would hit 10psi, and then when I would shift it would blow this smoke for about 1-3 seconds. I originally thought this might of been bad turbo seals, but also just thought about my PVC system. I currently have it setup like this:

Intake manifold to crankcase, crankcase back to charge piping, Could this be just oil getting into the charge piping and causing this issue? When I had the PVC system unhooked I never had these issues.

try a catch can

don’t you mean PCV? isn’t PVC a type of plastic piping?

ha ha that’s what I was thinking to

valve cover connected to a catch can then back to intercooler pipes

I used to get the same thing. I only had intake mani to valve cover though. Always on deceleration. No one ever had a great answer for it.

my PCV is shooting out the back of my intake at 7psi

:frowning:

mine shoots back into my intake after my air flow meter

http://www.jdmaddiction.com/images/toyota/mr29193.jpg

plug them all up, if it still smokes, then at least you know that is your problem

pvc valve removed and a line run into a catch can.

x2… and make sure your catch can has a breather.

for me also?

Should be the same I would think…

PCV removed and running 2 -10an lines.

its real bad to run the Intake mani back into the crank case, your filling your motor up with boost…big nono

On the DSM, I had some issues that I fixed with PCV hollowed out, line into a catch can. Side breather off of the valve cover into same catch can, and then one line back into intake, post MAS.

On the catch can, I had a PCV valve out of the top, to let boost (blowby) out, but under vacuum, it kept closed.

Worked well for me, anyways.