here's a good one for ya

OK here’s the deal, and if anyone can help me on this one, that would be great because I am completely stumped. SETUP: 00 Acura Integra GSR with a Full Race Stage 1 kit T3/04e 60 trim snail, wahlbro 255 pump, rc 550 injectors, Hondata ECU tuned w/ Neptune by Evans Tuning. ISSUE: Everytime I go down hill and pull a lot of vacum when I get to the bottom and give it throttle it smokes like a mo fo, Im not talkin a little bit but a lot. Compression is 210-215psi accross the board, Leakdown test are 3-5% so its not the rings. Thought it was valve stem seals. Changed them and its still doing it. Thought it was too sharp of an angle on the oil return from the turbo. Straightened it…still smokes. Any opinions?? Bad seals in the turbo maybe??

Ok that was the first issue. Second Issue. While changing the valve stem seals, I noticed that there was a lot of buildup on my valves. So I cleaned them with a wire wheel and got a 3 angle valve job and a very mild P&P on the heads and port matched the edelbrock victorx mani, throttle body and head. Now it has a partial throttle miss, Idle seems decent and WOT is good. Only around 25% throttle it cuts out, and I just noticed the other day i can hear my fuel pump pulsating when I have my turn signal on. Is that normal cause of the amps it draws? Or do you think the pumps shittin the bed?

my pump has done that from Day one. who tuned the car? sounds to me like it is very rich or the turbo seal is letting oil by. if that is the case there will be oil in your IC piping

thats the first thing i would check… what size oil line are you running? -3an,-4an? its not as big of a deal on that turbo, but on a turbo like my dual ball bearing i know for sure it is a good idea to run an oil restricting fitting inline, especially with a larger -4an line. if you dont you have a chance of the high oil pressures blowing the seals in your turbo, so you could be feeding oil into the charge piping, directly into the exhaust or both. so i’d check that.

what kinda breather setup do you have? high vacuum might be sucking past a bad pcv or something random…

checked the charge pipe it is free of oil…stock breather sytem

from my past seeings with DSM’s (i know i know) sound like a turbo seal.

yea, are you blowing boost into the crankcase?
maybe you know of all of this, but be sure your pcv valve is connected to a vacuum source BEFORE your turbo, like just after your air filter, abd put a breather filter on your valve cover to ensure you aren’t pressurizing your crankcase. also a catch can between the pcv valve and vacuum source before the turbo is a good idea, just to be sure you don’t have any oil coming from the crankcase up through and being sucked into yout intake piping.

I have a breather on the valve cover already, my tuner told me I really didnt need a catch can for the low boost im running, The car was tuned by evans tuning. Do you think a catch can will elimnate the burning oil?

easy way to tell is to take the end off, plug the vac side and run the breathers into a liter of cola.

lol Farva

come on meow that enough meow

haha… im sitting here at work on the computer giggling and people are lookin at me funny

it would be hard to tell if it is valve seals, rings, or your turbo

I think ZEXaccord had a similar problem ask him!

I still have this issue. I am thinking its my valve seals but it may not be. I am going to try and reroute my pvc setup. I decelerate down a long hill, come to a stop, and smokkkay. I have a $250 ebay turbo but there is NO oil in my charge pipes so I don’t know WTF - My car has done this with EVERY turbo setup and combination I have had on it so I am thinking it is something with the PCV system. I am going to wait till winter to go over it though.

On another note…I love shitting smoke all over tailgaters :slight_smile:

On ANOTHER note, I also have perfect compression w/ forged pistons/rings and a fresh bore so its not the rings giving out.

could be valve stem seals, but one time I had my breather hoses all messed up and it was causing oil to push through the seals on the turbo and smoking like a mofo

Its a evens tune!

Haha…I highly doubt its the tune…I know exactly what he is talking about. It seems to be when there is high vaccuum AND a decent amount of rpm’s. ie… downshifting OR decel on a hill.

My motor has 2 valve cover vents from the factory.
1.)hose from valve cover TO intake pipe
2.)PCV from valve cover TO intake manifold

ONLY change I have done was to the #1 (above).
-I took the port on the valve cover and ran it to a catch can instead of the intake pipe.

*I am thinking the hose on #2 needs disconnected as well. Any suggestions?

i agree… i still think its in the breather system…

oh? and by my o-so-wonderful description above what would you change?