help with catch can

im really curious as to the use of the stock “catch can” or oil/air seperator, black box. now its installed to the right of the “T”. Should we not put an after market catch can in there? or should we leave that box there and run a catch can on the left of the “T” which would also be in between the maf and turbo? also what is the purpose of that stock black box? thanks

anybody?

I have never dealt with a catch can before. You may have to hunt for answers through a shop.

the factory ‘catch can’ is actually an oil air sperator, and it separates vapors from the oil. If you can, try your best to retain this. The block vent (the tube in the back drivers side of the block) connects to the bottom of this.
If looking at it from the drivers side fender, the right side of the T should connect to that black factory oil air seperator. The left side should goto a catch can top the other side of the catch can should be routed directly back to your intake tube.

would help to know what engine your referring too they all seem to have slightly different setups

assuming your referring sr20det’s. yes the right hose goes to the black box. leave that. the hose on the left goes straight into the intake. remove that, hook up to catch can. then route the other side of catch can back to intake. the air passing by this tube creates a vacuum in the catch can which creates a vacuum in the valve cover, which causes the cams to float better and causes less wear.
sound good?

I thought you worked at autodream…

They or you should know this…

i do not work there anymore!
(donno if they would even know anyways…)

but there is around 5 different ways to hook it up, depends what you’re using the car for actually, i never knew that

unless i can find a commerically sold one, it looks like i might have to build my own:
http://autospeed.com/cms/title_Building-Another-OilAir-Separator/A_1101/article.html

i installed a new manifold and now the stock a/f oil separator doesn’t fit.
i think i might make one of these and ditch my catch can, which would become useless after this.