Cell Phone Nerds - *pics*

Looking for a new phone. I don’t need a smart phone, but am looking for something that

1. Is a good phone (good reception, clarity and battery life)
  2. Is a good form factor
  3. Has good bluetooth (for use in car)

I’d like one that was capable of sync’ing w/ Outlook and a decent camera would be nice.

Was looking at the D900, comments?

Pics for views

Also found the N80, liked it. Not as pretty, but better UI. A bit more than I want to spend $ wise I think though.

http://www.s60.at/hardware/hwpics/n80.jpg

In reality I want a quality phone that isn’t a POS like my current MOTO. I want a small phone, I can’t stand big phones. I charge it every night, so as long as it’s not dying mid day, I’ll be happy with battery life.

Suggest away! :hay:

i thought u were VZW?

My criteria are pretty much the same as yours. I want it to look good, and as long as I can talk into it, thats all I need.

I have a bunch of phones, and so far this one is the best IMO

http://www.e949horizon.com/default.asp?language=english

I paid $150ish in ebay. It looks great, and is very small…

I don’t really like flips… pretty cheap price though.

And no, I’m Cingular…

Yeah, I tend to agree with you there.

The nec is the only decent flip ive used though. Its so goddamn thin…

I just picked up the W810i, I like it a lot. Comes with software to transfer files to/from computer and phone, you can sync. with outlook. The screen is super clear, 2.0mp camera, looks good and is pretty small.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=us&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10376

I looked at the W810i and the K790 (prefer the K). But they were a little on the larger size.

I thought it was w810i was small, its only 4" x 1.875", but I guess its alittle thicker than some. Anyway, good luck with finding the right phone for you.

I love the N80 personally, you cant beat nokia reliability and RF quality, and integrated wi-fi gets me through those pesky 3 hour masters classes.

But it’s closer to $450-500 vs. the $350 of the D900

EDIT: Woops…this is for the Samsung SGH-T809 / SGH-D820, not the D900 my bad!

I had the Samsung one for about a day, and guess what…dust under the screen. Exchanged it for a new one, same thing! Huge amounts of dust under the screen. Exchanged it for the third time and bitched them out for selling such a shitty phone and exhanged it for an SDA.

The samsung has horrible audio quality when you talk to somebody. The other caller complains that it sounds distorted and not close to clear.
It also has horrible signal pickup. Ex: My room upstairs i got about 1 bar with the samsung, with the SDA i get full bars.

Battery life is the worse ever. It barely lasts one day before showing low battery alert.

Conclusion: STAY AWAY FROM THE SAMSUNG

I have been happy with the SDA ever since i switched.

Unless the phone is a different revision or version then go ahead and get it. But if its the same crap that i had, stay away or you will regret it.
Even if you have it in a cell phone case, it will get dust under the screen!

check out www.phonescoop.com to read reviews…

EDIT: Woops…this is for the Samsung SGH-T809 / SGH-D820 not the D900 my bad!

First time I’ve heard anything like that.

What’s the SDA?

Almost all positive reviews on phonescoop :shrug:

Sorry for the above, made a mistake. The phone i had was the Samsung SGH-T809 and not the D900.

As for the SDA its a smartphone. Here is the link to the review.
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=862
I love this phone, its a bit on the bulky side but it has wifi and bluetooth. You can also use it as a modem on your laptop. It has tons of features… superb battery life. Connects to your computer via usb, has a memory slot for extra memory…

PM me if you have specific questions about it.

and so does the blackjack, well everything but the wifi, but in a smaller package

The blackjack is larger than the SDA. Or is it just me?

Larger but thinner if i had to guess. Know a few people w/ the BJ… pretty sweet if that’s what you’re looking for. Not really what I’m looking for.

Blackjack: 4.45" x 2.32" x 0.46" (113 x 59 x 12 mm)

SDA: 4.53" x 1.82" x 0.69" (115 x 46 x 18 mm)

Perl