CHEATERS

My lab partner and I handed in a physical chemistry lab report Friday at 3AM, after working on it for days.

One of our less ambitious students took our lab report from the TA’s mailbox, copied it, and returned it. I got an email stating that the professor can’t prove who cheated, so we will all receive zeros.

I’m so fucking sick of this douchebag. I was assigned to be his lab partner last year for chemE lab and I ended up doing the entire lab report. fkd;sadfkajfdk;sa

I told him to tell the professor that he cheated, and get us out of it. If not, we’re blowing this out of proportion.

Maybe you should have put it in a envelope and signed the seal? If I can’t get something under a door or can’t email that’s what i do.

Maybe you should have put it in a envelope and signed the seal? If I can’t get something under a door or can’t email that’s what i do.

That is something I would fight tooth and nail. I would do whatever it took to get the kid kicked out of school.

if you had the right answers they wouldnt know he cheated

that’s pretty fucked up, but i don’t exactly follow…your partner copied your work? or you and a partner did the work, and a 3rd party took it and copied it, claiming it to be his own? or there’s 3 members to the group, you and another completed work, and the 3rd just copied? that’s kinda unclear…

regardless though, super shitty…that’d be enough to lead me to vandalism of said d-bags car, or any other valuable property he may own…i’d be that pissed.

I’m not sorry I did it.

:bloated:

Goob, I’d be pissed as hell. I don’t think “blowing it up” is out of the question. I wouldn’t take any action towards him other than working to have him expelled.

Sorry to hear :confused:

i think your professor should do something about this…

he can perhaps quiz you and your partner about the content of the report…

OBVIOUSLY, you and your partner will be able to answer everything…and most likely not for the cheaters…

Similar thing happened to my girlfriend recently. Her professor called her up saying that half of her last lab report didn’t make any sense. After going in to his office, they discovered that her lab partner’s portion of the report was copied from that girl’s first lab, which was completely unrelated.

My girlfriend got home and noticed that portion of the lab looked identical to her first lab. Turns out this other girl copied my girlfriend’s first lab (done solo) and turned it in as her own work, then on the next lab (done with partners) copied the information over again. It was probably the dumbest example of cheating I ever heard…if you’re going to copy work, don’t copy your lab partners then re-use it for a lab with your partner. The professor would have never noticed if she had put ANY effort in the second time around.

They’re both seniors, too, and this other girl will not be graduating next week. :slight_smile:

man…i can’t believe this…

if you want to cheat…at least, cheat smartly…sigh

wow.

that’s boughetto.

I actually unignored this post because I assumed this was about the phenomenal TV show, boy was I dissapointed.

It’s a lab report. It’s going to be different by virtue of error, unless somebody copied our data (voila!). I don’t turn in shitty work. I’m not getting published this winter because I do shitty work.

And I learned my lesson about envelopes now. I’m keeping a box in the trunk of my car for this very purpose. I’m definitely putting everything in an envelope and signing the seal. I guess I trusted my fellow students, but the more I go to UB the more I notice that the upper ranks at UB are geniuses, and the lowest are functional retards.

Basically:

tuesday+wed+thursday we worked on the report—>friday morning 3AM turned in–>sometime after another student takes lab report from TA mailbox–>returns ours, turns in his.

Anyway, he (the cheater) went to the Professor and told him that he cheated off of ours without our consent. Ugh. The professor is giving him and his lab partner zeros, and we’re getting full credit. Ta-da.

What an awful morning. I need to go for a bike ride.

This is the second time I’ve had somebody cheat off of me at UB. The first time I came back from taking a piss and some guy was emailing my shit to himself from my computer. I was pretty pissed, and he won’t even look me in the eye now.

the proffessor just belived you this time around, but not the first time?

No, the agreement was that the guy that cheated would go to the professor and admit to it before I went to the Chemical Engineering department (which is a completely different department than the Chemistry department). The grievance would have been filed in the ChemE department. Sometimes it amazes me what kind of people manage to stay in engineering…

Since the guy that cheated didn’t want that, because he operates under the illusion that he’s a good guy and if this was shattered he’d have nothing to get him into grad school, he would rather take a zero.

Plus, anything to placate my lab partner, who is less reasonable and more impulsive than I am (and I have a really gnarly temper myself).

Sorry dude… we can go rough him up if need be?

and do manly burnouts in his lawn

The one and only reason why a college degree means ZERO to me.

because people might cheat?

potential employers for most well-paying jobs generally have this view :tup: