cheektowaga

nah its not that bad…I live ~2 blocks from the 90/290 interchange (on the good side of wehrle lol) and I can barely hear them.

so is this the “bad side”?

hahaha well I grew up in Snyder so my snooty-ness is coming into play…

Its not a “bad” area per se. It is a little on the lower class side, and not like the college kid lower class area. It will be a fine area to live in, just wouldn’t want to raise a family.

Just be sure to check out the house, most of them are pretty old and are just older development properties so the quality wasn’t ever that good.

^^ and that would help the resale value as well cause in 5 years i doubt its going to go up in class.

I have a few friends that live out that way. 5 years ago I’d say go for it.

its clev hill, and its a nice/quite neighborhood
taxes are a bit high though

this is totally wrong

there is NO air traffic over this neighborhood, or i wouldn’t have bought my house
(i am on crestview and kuhn)
there are a lot of members in that area. i am sure they will chime in as well.

its still not a bad area yet… The trash is starting to move closer but its definitely till lots of old people who lived there since the houses were built.

what area is it?
all the photo sites are blocked for me at work.

I used to live on wheaton dr off genesee.
it was not a bad area to live.

close to everything, and you get over the planes after a while.

if they are feelin cheektowaga…

move to SLOAN…the HEART of the vegas :stuck_out_tongue:

i dont think she really cares what area its in, just as long as its in her price range

Sloan bordering lovejoy is the place to be…

lol

then she isnt ready to buy a house to flip in a few years. if selling is in your future, you SHOULD care where it is!

Union - Transit is mainly the good section of Cheektowaga. Harlem area seems to be slowly getting worst and the crime’s spreading toward union the last few years.

I live in the area, and it’s not bad. A bit lower class, but mostly quiet and a lot of older people. Like others have said the taxes are a little high, the schools aren’t the best, but the Thruway isn’t bad as long as you have a row of houses between it and you, and you have decent windows lol. No plane noise, ever, that I can remember. We bought it as a “first house” and though the house was built in 1959, our particular house has been well kept and has a lot of updates. The plumbing is all falling apart, so that’s something to watch for in these houses. Ours is a brick house and that helps with blocking some of the thruway noise. Very convenient if you work downtown, being so close to the Cleveland Dr thruway ramp. Prices are reasonable and it’ll be several more years before the neighborhood starts going downhill, in my opinion. The closer you get to Harlem the worse I think your resale values will be, five or more years from now.

My uncle lives on Delray actually. About 5 houses in on the right from Hillside. I used to hang out there a ton with my cousins. From my memory, it’s a real quiet street that had no problems. Since then my cousins have moved out, but 7 years ago, it was a decent block.

thats not what i meant, she does care about the area, i just said that to the comment about “if she has her heart set on cheektowaga”, meaning that no she doesn’t insist on being in cheektowaga.

thats a fairly nice neighborhood like 5 min from me, but with any part of cheektowaga dont forget the ghetto is like 5 min away as well, thats what the town park separates, just keep going down cleveland or the kensignton and voila instant crack whores

here’s a pic of it, remember anything about it? good/bad things you saw? She wants my opinion on it, but i can’t exactly go look at it.

http://130.94.18.201/IMAGES/BUFFALO/596/301596_1.jpg

QFT