chevy flywheel.

how do you know what side goes to the engine and which side goes to the tranny ive had no luck with a web search. its a 400 sbc to 700r4.

weitgh to the engine

the weights should be facing the engine?

yes,

u have a 400 flexplate correct?

what my problem seems to be when i put the weight forward and mount the tranny to the engine the torque converter is about a half to 3/4 from the flywheel. is that normal?

yes to the above question

i double checked my receipt online to make sure i have all the right parts. also the torque converter spins inside the tranny like it should.

:wtf:

there was about 1/2 clearance between my flexplate and convertor. my last convertot was a tad more, and i just shimmed it with a washer.

were exactly did you put the washers? and how thick were the washers.

between the flexplate and the convertor. and they were just 3/8 washers.

about 1/8 thick washers

everything went together easily today. i have another question though. i put the engine in my car with the tranny attached but forgot to put tranny lines on. if i lower the tranny on a jack and take off the tranny mount can i still get them on with out unbolting the engine mounts and taking everything out?

yes but its a PITA

one more for today… when i i put the tranny and engine in the tranny was full of fluid but it leaked out the back of the tranny . the tranny was atleast a 45 degree angle or more when it happen is that normal?

normal

Yep remember back when we pulled it out? same thing happened…

its been a long week but now that you mention it i remember.