i need help

ok, i’ve been posting on LS1Tech all night about this and i just posted in domestictech as well, so maybe the third time is the charm. I am about 90% done with my TC install when i go to bolt the flexplate back to the converter and realize that the bolts that TCI sent me won’t fit through the stock flex plate. So i try to use the stock ones and, oops, they go in so far and then get completely loose again, no good there either. Does anyone know what size bolt i can use to bolt these two together? What ive gotten from LS1Tech, was that i am going to have to drop the tranny again, drill out the flex plate, bolt everything back up, and then go from there. I by no means want to drop this tranny again because all of the bell housing bolts are up and snug and they are about as much fun as getting a root canal to get back out. So can someone please help me out with a different way to fix this? PLEASE!

i am sure pewter will have a answer for you

Originally posted by slowcamaro
i am sure pewter will have a answer for you

i’m hoping. i am so pissed right now that if he doesn’t im seriously considering just saying fuck this car

i ? why TCI!!!GIVE ME A CALL 1-800-680-2959 BRIAN!!!

i was wrong about the bolts. They won’t go into the converter, not the flexplate. I checked it again this morning. When i tried to reuse the stock bolts, i think that i may have stripped a hole, but i’m not sure. I bought some new, slightly smaller bolts today, and borrowed a tap set just incase. If this doesn’t work, then i give up.:mad:

then take it to jj’s i am sure they can fix it

Originally posted by slowcamaro
then take it to jj’s i am sure they can fix it
yeah, not like its far from monessen

THEY WENT IN!!! After a little trimming and finessing, they went right in. No need to retap or anything. And I mean those suckers are IN there! Thanks for the suggestions though they are greatly appreciated!:slight_smile: