Tranny noise? Identify it!

Ok, well I’ve installed a Centerforce stage 2 for fun.It was fine for 2 days, but now something is making a noise towards the front of my tranny. It only does it on deceleration, and revving down.

At first, I though it was my exhaust hitting the chassis due to my new solid subframe bushings changing the location of the exhaust a bit, but upon further inspection, I realized that it’s coming from the rear of the motor / tranny.

The best way I can describe the noise is kinda of like a rod knock. I can also feel the vibration through the clutch pedal when it’s making the noise.

I’ll have a video up in a few minutes, any help is greatly appreciated.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/Mathieu1989/th_054c4ac6.jpg

I’m leaning towards some type of chatter in the clutch ? like as if you didnt tighten the pressure plate down tight enough or one/some bolts have came lose and its vibrating back/forth off the flywheel ?

Which you would feel in pedal for sure considering you load up the pp everytime you disengauge the clutch but I could be wrong…

Anyone else ?

It also made this noise when I started the car, mostly went away when I pushed in the clutch. It also makes that “crrrrrrrrrrrrr” noise on upshifts.

It was loose flywheel bolts. I got lucky,it could have been an expensive mistake.

It only cost me 4 hours and 35$ worth of tranny fluid.

did you torque down the flywheel bolts right. id take it apart and check everything save your self a clutch and possible a crank

did you not see my reply?

It’s already done :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks though!

I knew it was a loose bolt/bolts because its the ONLY thing that would cause the problem you described.

LOCK TITE FTW BOYS!!!

a lil late on that one sorry man

haha its all good. I just hope they dont vibrate loose again, this will be one of my fears from now on :stuck_out_tongue:

If they are “vibrating” lose, buy new ones. Well worth the $20.