Clutch Noise/Vibration

First off, my clutch connects very well. Second, i’m rarely hard on it, but on occasion I will be. Third, the throw feels perfect and concise, better even then a lot of new cars. Fourth, the clutch does not slip at all.

That said, ever since my clutch was bled, MC, slave & lines replaced, it’s had this strange “vibration/rattling noise” from the pedal when feathering the clutch. Sounds kind of like a woodpecker, and can be “felt” in the pedal, yet isn’t very loud. However, the higher RPM i’m shifting at or the harder i’m feathering it, the louder it gets.

Again, the clutch has been working perfectly other than this vibration/noise…

Could the pedal itself be “loose” somehow? Could my mechanic have forgotten to do something maybe? Any ideas?

i had my sleeve and master cylinder replaced, even though i know my clutch is going, its actin weird, sometimes when i let off of it quick (yet not drop) the car shakes like a bitch and the shifter throws itself from side to side… i think its just the clutch skipping but w/e

That’s totally different though I think, sounds like a warped flywheel maybe? :dunno:

My vibration comes through the pedal…

lol its gotta be inside the tranny then

Could it be clutch chatter? This happens when the clutch doesnt grab smoothly. It slips,grips,slips,grips during engagement giving you a very rough shaking ‘chattering’ clutch feel.

jsut a thought.

Please don’t say that. :x :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone else have any ideas? BTW tranny fluid is new & good, when my mechanic checked it, he said it sounded like a throwout/release bearing starting to go, would that sound about right?

Cheers.

EDIT: About the chatter, it could be. If it is, I have a VERY mild case of it. Clutch connects on the hardest & lightest of shifting…sound is not present on light, low-RPM shifts. Sound is pretty much at it’s loudest if the clutch is about an inch from the floor and I rev up the engine slowly to 3-5000 RPMs.

I’ll be getting a new clutch & flywheel in a few months so I should end up with a solid answer on this for anyone else with this issue. Anyone else with ideas, fire at will!

i think its probably your clutch just going leaving forver lol