changed clutch funny noise

alright guys so i changed my clutch everything is ok except for two things. i brok one sensor on the tranny i dont noe what it is but i dont think its a biggy cuz everything is in working order my check engine light is on.

1. when im in first gear and am pulling the rpms a little to almost 5k i noe im not supose to but i heard a strage sound so i did and when im in about 4k im hearing a strange sound its like something is spinning freely but when i shift it goes away and everyitng is fine. any ideas/ suggestions? thanks
    mikey

I don’t really get all of this,

but if your clutch stopped working, first thing to check is the slave line. Well, check the clutch master cylinder and see if there’s fluid period. Then see if the slave line is leaking.

If your clutch is gone,

well, there’s no tricks to a 240 clutch, it’s just like any other RWD car.

Make sure your new clutch and pressure plate assembly comes with an alignment tool, get the flywheel resurfaced

Other than that, no big apples.

thanks bro im going to get on it right away tomorrow :slight_smile:

sorry for changing hte topic but there was no point in me starting a new thread for something related :slight_smile:

the mods should sticky your antics, and put em in their own section
:lol:

there should be the smell of clutch in the first week right for it to break in???

How bad does it smell? Like, is it really bad, or just something you kind of notice?

Are you being gentle?

Was your flywheel resurfaced?

Was the pedal adjusted?

the smell is slowly going away no my pedal was not adjusted should i adjust the pedal? there is a some freeplay too.

there shouldnt be much free play, if the smell is very sharp it means your clutch is not disengaging correctly

Where is the pedal engaging/disengaging the clutch? Is it very low to the bottom or higher up. If your clucth is grabbing VERY close to the bottom of the pedal then you need to adjust the pedal because chances are you not disengaging all the way.

could that noise be your TOB? did you change it?