Clutch Problems

I ran into some problems 5 minutes ago while driving home for work. I gave the car some gas and when i slowed down and down shifted for my turn my clutch felt very choppy. Its still like this now. Feels like when i push down on the pedal its lighter then normal and as if there is intervals. its hard to explain.

Is it time for a new clutch? its not slipping. perhaps my pressure plate is finished?

Also for a replacement clutch what nissan clutch fits an s13 sr20? that i can buy here?

I took the car out again to see what was up. everything was fine for about 2 seconds then when releasing i could feel vibrations in the pedal. Then it would get stuck pushed down then pop back up. Is it my pivot bearing? it was squeaking before? Any input would be helpful

did u check for any leaks? hard to shift it into gear while the clutch is depressed?

check your slave … is prolly on its way out

about two years ago my integra got the squeeking throw out bearing, that got louder and louder and other stuff got worst like… my clutch feels weird… hard to describe but when I let off my gas it seems like my clutch jumps as my car shifts weight, then does the same when putting back on the gas. makes some weird noises while I am idleing but over all it drives great, just weird and makes me make bad shifts but that didint stop me from taking it to mosport DDT last year hahah, I abuse the clutch two cuz I know it needs changing… let like 4 people learn to drive in it since the sqeeking started hahah … if they can drive that car they can drive anything.

Get rid of your clutch dampening unit(if you haven’t already), its useless. Nissan put that there to ease the clutch engagement, but at the same time it decreases clutch pedal feel and response. and could make the pedal feel soft. 2) bleed the system. 3) slave might be doomed as r33 mentioned. On another note, you can use an 89 maxima clutch. Never tried it myself, but its been said it works. Good luck.

Sounds like what happened on my 93 civic, clutch spring detonated coming off the highway with 4 people in the hatch, same things as you’re describing. When I ended up changing it the chewed up spring fell out of the bellhouse like it spit out metal.

are u sure its ur tranny? could it be your diff bearings?

Alright so i put the car up and replaced the Slave cylinder i also removed that awful clutch loop while i was at it butttt. Problem didnt go away although the clutch felt alot better. There is some vibration coming from my throw out bearing so im assuming this is the problem.

I bought an exedy stage 1 clutch kit ,Nismo clutch fork pivot and 3 litres of Royal purple syncromax so when the clutch arrives i should be good to go again!