Weird noise/feeling in clutch pedal

I’ve noticed a weird sound in my tranny when I release my clutch slowely. Especially in gear when there is more resistence. To me, It sounds like my throw out bearing is either rubbing/sticking to the pressure plate spring/fingers…or maybe rubbing/sticking on the imput shaft for my tranny.

I can feel it sticking on my clutch pedal and I can hear it inside my bellhousing.

I replaced my clutch a month or two ago and know my throw out bearing is new, I lubed the shit out of it…but when I did, I used lubriplate motor assembly grease. Thinking about it now…I presume I should have used something thicker hey?

It could very well be dead already needing replacement. But I was just posting this hoping maybe some body could re-asure my suspiscion with it rubbing dry on something causing this feeling/noise.
It doesn’t effect anything…the clutch opperates normally. I just have this strange thing.

Any ideas. Should I try shoveling some grease onto my impute shaft through the clutch fork hole in the tranny?

Thanks guys.

No ideas

I’m not too sure but I wouldn’t try adding more grease without pulling the tranny. You don’t want to get any on the disc.

what clutch do you have threw in?

I would check for a leak around the slave or master cylinder first. You do not want to over grease the input shaft or bearing as the grease will fly off and ruin your disc. Also maybe unbolt the slave and make sure your fork is moving smoothly

Thats a good idea. Like I said, its just annoying…its usually worse on a hot day. Doesn’t seem to make as much noise when its cooler.

As for the clutch, I think it was called a dynapak. A stock turbo clutch kit, friend of mine got it for me for cost and says he’s been using them since the dawn of time. So hopefully its not bagged already (Which I doubt, clutch feels fine in terms of opperation)

I wanted to update this as I am getting heart burn thinking my actual clutch is dying.

A brief history, I replaced the clutch maybe two+ months ago. A problem I thought to be the clutch coincidently turned out to be something else. However, the oem was more than ready to be tossed out.
An older guy I work with big into cars got me a dynapak clutch for cheap. He claims to have used them forever and never has problems. So i figured, its not rebuilt. I have some opinions on it. Should be decent.

Now besides that, today this noise just stopped! It was at its worst yesterday. You could hear it plain as day standing out side the car. But today, its gone. I figured woot! Once I realized it was gone.
But immediately upon noticing this…I also discovered the clutch pedal felt weak as hell compared to how it normally is. It still switchs gears fine, the clutch engages normally. It just feels mushy, it doesn’t feel firm like it did yesterday.
And maybe its my imagination playing tricks on me, but earlier while driving to a junk yard, I was playing around on the highway just blazing down the road from a stop. And I swear to god in second gear around 5500rpm or so, I felt a minor hault in the car but the rpms/engine didn’t burp…

Do you think my new pos dynapak clutch is defective?

Dynapacks are a decent clutch. However never use their release and pilot bearings. When i used to tell them they were always returned defective because one of these parts fucked up. OEM only. If you look at the difference in style it is quite alot. Dynapacks themselves are good clutches.

From the symptoms you are describing it sounds hydralicly related. Check for leaks at the master (both in the firewall and inside where the rod is) and the slave (pull back the boot and look).

It is not fun when they go as it happened to me in Calgary and just trying to get into a parking lot i blew up 3rd and lost all of the syncros on second. And with the master and slave go OEM. I have been through 3 slave cylinders since i did my swap. granted i have a heavy clutch but it is still too much.

Alrighty. Thats good to hear excluding not using their pilot bearing and sleeve. I used those, so I guess only time will tell what results from there.

It is quite possible I have something in the hydraulic system failing. However, I dont see anything leaking. I have to fix my head lights tonight so I will look harder.
It has kind of blown me away that my slave cylender is still tickin’ so maybe its time is up.

Seeing as how we’re on the subject. I bought the turbo replacement clutch planning to turbo my car eventually. I know my n/a engine will make a hell of alot more power than a stock turbo would under boost.

Question is, do you think that clutch could handle a couple psi?

Edit- And thanks alot by the way!