Cruise & Info for September 14th Track Day

We’ll be meeting at Mighty Taco (2309 Eggert Road, Tonawanda, NY for the new people) at 2pm. We leave for Dunnville at 2:30 SHARP.

If you’re late, just meet us up there.

Everyone should have their own directions. This should be painfully obvious. We’re not going to stop everyone else from getting there on time if one person gets stuck at the border or falls behind.

Once you get to the track, immediately start to remove loose items, check tire pressure, etc. When you’re track and tech ready, line up on the pit road (paved blacktop) and pop your hood. The first 12 people to line up will be the first 12 on the track.

Sometime around 4:00 we’ll be having another drivers meeting so we can further discuss improvements and procedures for the day. Drop what you’re doing and come into the building. As soon as we’re done with the meeting and whoever is flagging is set, we’ll tech and get cars on the track.

This time around we’re not going to have run groups. When you’re ready to run, pull up to whoever is flagging and wait for them to give you the all clear to head out onto the track. There are only 12 cars allowed at a time on the track. If you’ve been out there for a long time and you see a line of people waiting to head out, take a break and head into the pits to give someone else the chance to run. If you’re being a track hog, whoever is flagging has the right to flag you in. This way we’ll maximize our time.

Drivers please let those who are flagging know where debris is on the track. We might need to flag everyone in and take 5 minutes to clean an area during the day.

Now to those who have been there before: Do we run the track in reverse? If so, when?

It’s less technical, it’s faster and it makes the process of pitting and passing easier. But it’s up to you guys so vote in the poll. :tup:

Remember the “muffler” rule!

PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO FLAG!

We can’t have a track day without someone flagging, and I can’t do it the whole time (I want to film! :slight_smile: )

People offering to flag list:

1. MPD47
  2. OneFastMonkey
  3. copperlegend
  4. Quattro Krant
  5. Xander
  6. Anonymity
  7. dtvburns
  8. 90NA300ZX

Paid List:

1. 01AudiS4
  2. Xander
  3. RedrRocket 1
  4. RedrRocket 2
  5. 87conquestTSi
  6. Jeller
  7. Maksim2000
  8. dmoffitt
  9. FuzzyFish
  10. somedude
  11. 84_Supra
  12. bottomsUP
  13. InnTune
  14. jmercado567
  15. jason8225
  16. dtvburns
  17. POOPRA
  18. theblue
  19. Ishodu
  20. Rocket SLC 1
  21. Quattro Krant
  22. Rocket SLC 2
  23. Anonymity
  24. MXS
  25. Jim1234664
  26. 93z24
  27. herman
  28. TunerFreak
  29. MPD47
  30. eesti x2

Of course, I will flag some and help anyone who needs it as usual. Josh you riding up with me again?

i am in for 50-50, now i just have to complete the car…

FYI, for those who have never run reverse. It has a higher average speed, but a lower top speed if you take the correct line and is quite fun.

Josh,
Looking to ride up with Xander possibly so I can flag or run a camera or whatever. Let me know.

I’d vote reverse, ALL OUTSIDE, for big speed on the back going into the combo:

Sunset Sweep -> Club -> Paddock

http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com/images/track.gif

But, my vote wouldn’t count. That and it would create a 30 second course safe for 5 cars at a time.

All outside would be sooooo boring.

I find back to back 190* boring :confused:

I guess it’s fun if you like to bang through gears.

“Paddock” and “Club” are my two least favorite turns on the track, so a course that consisted of only them would be pretty much worthless IMO.

I would prefer “normal” but I suppose a LITTLE reverse time (last group?) would be ok…

PS - re: on-track time, learn from my mis-hap last time, let your car cool… your brakes (and for most, the ride home) will thank you :wink:

Dave, you’ll prefer reverse, trust me :wink:

I say stick with what works, 1/2 time “normal”, half the time “reverse”. I love the long sweeping left hander when the course is run “backwards” that leads into the 90 degree turn.

I can flag for a while too, I’ll be driving up with theblue

I voted 50/50… I like both… reverse is a lot more fun but less technical so less learning and getting better.

when we do reverse we could try including dagmar’s curves? I can’t decide if this would make it more interesting.

Aaron, Dagmar is SUPER tight and wont allow you to squeeze the throttle into the mini straight like Len’s will fyi. It’ll turn into a drag race…

Just run it like we ran it in August and that will be perfect

Thanks guys of offering to flag :tup:

I’m going to setup flagging times for you guys so everyone knows where they should be when.

A few years ago they didn’t have that “Len’s” curve so you had to use “Dagmar.” I only ran using “Dagmar” in normal configuration, but I do think it would make things more interesting.

It would turn the “center straight” into almost a dragstrip since that 90-Degree turn scrubs off so much speed.

I said in one of the threads previously that I’d be in for a half hour of flagging, don’t know if you remember that but when you make the list throw me in the mix also. And I’ll try and remember to bring some fly paper and bug spray for the classroom.

lol, it’s a nice place, it just needs AC.