Damn, all teh GTOs

The gto has gotta be a pos in the winter dude.

Even with snowtires, its a pos in the winter.

I’d have more “fun” driving a 4wd subaru econobox, versus whiteknuckle driving a gto when the blizzard hits.

This is coming from a guy with a rwd f150 with worn all season tires on it.

It sucks.

how often is there really significant snow on the roads? 10 days a year? For those 10 days, you take it easy, don’t drive like an asshole, and know how to control it if the ass end slides, and the other 355 = profit.

So you’re saying that two cars is better than one? And it’s not like you’re hauling that stuff with the 'vette, either.
:shrug:

In any case, if you have to carry more than one other person around, then you’re in the truck, while I’m in my Monaro… and I bet mine handles better than that truck anyday.

My wife’s “car” is a 4x4 Expedition, it pulls my boat just fine. :stuck_out_tongue: I could strap a couple dead deer to the roof rack, but I’d rather just my meat from the butcher. Even as much as I love red meat I don’t think I’ve ever bought enough in one trip that it wouldn’t fit in the trunk of my GTO. Well, maybe that one 4th of July… :lol:

You do realize that before the automotive industry incorrectly “taught” everyone that FWD was “correct” almost all cars were front engine rear drive right? Guess it didn’t snow back then. With the right tires my car is great in the snow. I can guarantee it’s better in the snow than your F150 with bald tires and no weight over the drive wheels. There has been ONE day that I didn’t take my car to work (excluding the friday after the Oct storm because work was closed), and that was because my wife didn’t want to drive that day. Had I needed too I could have made it in the car, but why bother when I needed to drop the wife off at work anyway.

sorry not really on par with the GTOs in question but how do u think the new G8 with teh 6.0l and its overhead cam design will match up to the new GTos?

I’m curious where they lost 38 HP. I read it’s rated at 362, so somewhere along the production line that 6.0 had 38 ponies run off. But pushrods suck, so as long as it’s got an overhead cam it must be better right?

Other than that I think that G8 is going to be a real nice family car. If I was going to have to get by with one car I’d certainly consider trading my GTO in on something like that. Most of the power, nice looking interior, 6 speed, V8, rear wheel drive, starting at 28k for the V8.

The 6.0L in the G8 is still an OHV design (L76), not an OHC one.

It’s based of a truck motor, but will probably take to mods as well as the LS-series engines.

The L76 is designed for a little more fuel efficiency and shit, it comes with displacement on demand and i heard is lower compression. Prob runs on 87 too…

really , OHV not OHC i may have musread that …ill take another look

EDIT: YEP ur right OHV…im just wondering when chevy(Gm) is going to start getting into the OHC V8 motors, although i like the pushrods lol i just wanna c what they can do with an OHC motor seeing that theyve done soo much with the Gen lll and Gen lV Small blocks

they’re not that bad in the snow. i dont even have snow tires on mine and just like anything else, you just have to take your time.

FWIW, it looks like GM is converting to OHC engines for the other car lines, but since the LS-series motors are doing so well, I don’t know if they really should for the V8’s - the OHV V8’s make decent power, and are physically smaller than the OHC ones - and they’d want to keep the Corvette hood low, right?

what are the typical problems with the gto’s of 04?

04? less hp is a problem :slight_smile:

There are no problems as the motors are forged by the hands of god…

lol… after summer, i might be in the market for a much NEWER car… not brand new though… lol… sub 20k… we’ll see whats available and how i feel about it at the time…

My boss is looking at a 06 Goat as we speak, black 6 spd with red interior and 17s.

Why is he actively looking for the smaller tires? 18’s are the performance option.

Except the 18" option has 235-section tires, vs 245’s.

Well, if he finds one with 18’s but really wants the 17’s, just let me know and we’ll trade straight up. :slight_smile:

have we gotten more than an inch of snow at once since you’ve had yours?