STi > GTO :(

Went cruising with Devin and Chris a few days ago and got a few runs in with Chris’s STi. I figured that I might as well post it, even though it’s a death lol

First was from probably about a 30 or so mph roll… shifted down to 3rd and waited for the beeps. We both took off and chris instantly put 2-3 car lengths on me (and pulled a few more, that I ended up picking back up) and I ended up gaining one of them back up to 100-110 or so (don’t even recall how fast we went up to).

Second was about the same, maybe from 40-45 mph… I took off a little early though, by 120 or so, Chris had me by about .5-1 car length (I either need to learn this clutch better or I need some better midrange power in this thing).

:tup: to the STi… deffinitly a fast car. love the way that turbo sounds :headbang:. Just wait util it’s cammed, chris (the goat) :smiley: :snky:

Really curious how the extra 50 hp in my LS2 would do against the STi.

I’m sure it would deffinitly fair better… I also don’t think that I was in the right gear because chris said he wasn’t brake boosting it and like I siad, he instantly put a few lengths on me the first run

Yeah, starting out in 3rd at 30 is not a good idea. 2nd gets you to what… 58?

yea the first run i was in second, the second run i started out in third…def a fun race tho :slight_smile:

:tup: to the GTO

Nice, at least now I know where I stand against the GTO’s too.

yeah i was gonna mention that i thought 3rd was too high for 30mph roll.

i think it was more like a 40 roll instead of 30

i could be wrong though

it may have been higher… was paying more attention to my tach than the speedo :stuck_out_tongue:

i was paying attention to how close your fender was to my mirror lol

lol… dude, come over and help me remove this adhesive. this shit is a pain in the ass

working till 6 :frowning:

dude if you can’t beat the sti with vinyl you’re going to get shedded without it.

i bet you would have done a lot better had you started in second.

yea we both started in 3rd the second run

Good death. +x on the wrong gear. What kinda mods are on the STi? I need to bust out my GTO so I can come play. Or maybe I’ll bring out the SHO…hmmm, Decisions, decisions.

believe the STi is stock expect for a k&n drop in…

aye stock just a KN filter

+1 - would have been better in second.

30 = first gear for me