Stock 04 GTO < STi

Ran into and STi the other day on road xxx. It was all black and had FL plates. Sounded like it had a bigger turbo. WE lined up pacing fron the light about 15-20 MPH he hammered and got a lil jump I hammerd back we ran up to ~90 and he pulled on me fairly evenly to a full car to 90. Thig was pretty sweet. Now I need to get a cam and a set of long tubes to keep up with things these days… Or I jsut need to get the Taurus out. :smiley:

How the fuck can you hear a bigger turbo

:picard:

probably did have a bigger turbo, i pulled about half a car on a stock STI from ~20-100

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:2,topic:31700"”]

How the fuck can you hear a bigger turbo

:picard:

[/quote]

Well 1st off it was quite lound and you could hear it didn’t spool well at low RPMs. Couple that with the fact it was certainly quicker than a stock STi I was able to reach the conclusion that it probably had a larger turbo.

so this car with a tune and exhaust would be enough to pull a a stock goat

wait do you hear that…FPgreen… :picard:

A stock STi is enough to pull on a 6.0 goat. Exhaust and tune >> 6.0 goat. Exhaust + race gas with tune >>>> 6.0 goat.

[quote=“eesti,post:6,topic:31700"”]

A stock STi is enough to pull on a 6.0 goat. Exhaust and tune >> 6.0 goat. Exhaust + race gas with tune >>>> 6.0 goat.

[/quote]

As much as I’m not into street racing, I’d really like to run a stock STi to see if that’s true.

Magazine racing, stock 6.0 GTO > Stock STi.

I think it’d be close stock for stock from a dig. I’d like to see it too.

i have ran 5.7 GTO’s, i pull on them

6.0’s almost dead even

my STI is stock other than a K&N drop in

One of my best friends has a 6.0 goat, and we mess around all the time. When stock I would pull about a fender on him until 60-65, then we were even-ish the rest of the way. I imagine if we went over 120, 130 he would start pulling again due to the gearing and torque, but we never went that far. I’ve been through the other stages mentioned earlier, and we’ve played. Claims have been tested!

[quote=“JayS,post:7,topic:31700"”]

As much as I’m not into street racing, I’d really like to run a stock STi to see if that’s true.

Magazine racing, stock 6.0 GTO > Stock STi.

[/quote]

Not sure if it would be exactly the same, but I’d be happy to load the stock tune, and play around.

^ His goat auto or 6 speed?

6 speed

[quote=“articzap,post:8,topic:31700"”]

I think it’d be close stock for stock from a dig. I’d like to see it too.

[/quote]

Do GTO’s go 13.2 or so stock?

nah, probably closer to mid 13’s I’d think… although, who knows with a good driver.

these cars aren’t the easiest to launch

^^^Even with all that traction control/torque managment GM puts into the stock .BIN?

When your trying to put an LS1/LS2 through 245 width tires in a car that weighs close to 4000 lbs when fueled up with the driver. No amount of torque management is gonna do you any good.

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:16,topic:31700"”]

^^^Even with all that traction control/torque managment GM puts into the stock .BIN?

[/quote]

I think only the automatic 05-06’s got that… Don’t think the 04’s did.

and I was looking around on ls1gto, and it looks like a good handful of people got their cars into the low 13’s stock… likewise, there are a bunch of people running high 13’s out of the box lol

sounds like you raced nick christopher… and he’s on stock turbo. just exhaust and tune i think… but he ran into layzie one night and got destroyed

^^^ Yea probably Nick, I think he has a little bit more done then just exaust and tune though, last time i heard his car was running like shit. Who knows.

lol to him running into layzie.