What to do?

I am getting rid of the Jetta soon. Probably replacing it with an 04 GTO. I’m am torn with waht to do. SHould I mod the GTO? If do do I got boost or sick NA? Or do I just leave it stock and gut the SHO and make that a pretty much track only car? Modding the GTO will be expensive and it will be pretty much a DD. The SHO is almost done and all I need to do is pretty much put it on a diet. THe SHO is already set up for road courses and if I wall it I wouldn’t be that pist cuase I can’t get shit for it anyway. ANd if it goes I’ll just slap that motor in an FC. I think that’s the direction i’m leaning, any thoughts would be appreciated.

choise 1. mod the GTO and the SHO (most expensive)

choise 2. Mod the GTO leave SHO as is (expensive)

*Choise 3. Leave the GTO stock and finish the SHO (cheapest)

• = direction i’m leaning

:bloated: drink enough eggnog tonight?

05 gto … cause it has the LS2 in it

then park it in my driveway, and ill turbo it for you

^ if youre gonna mod anyway its not worth the extra 5k for an 05. 04 GTO + procharger = win

starting with a 6.0 is better then starting with a 5.7

^ yeah but not $4-5 thousand better

I agree, but I got a good line on a nice 04 and like joe said, its not worth the extra 5-6K for me.

Modding a daily is usually a bad thing.

05 GTO and beat on the SHO.

:word: No replacement for displacement.

or he could NOT waste crank hp using a turbo setup :slight_smile:

Yes there is, it’s called boost!

It won’t take much to finish of the SHO seeing as you have the more difficult and expensive parts taken care of. You obviously know I like the SHO and would like to see you track it. GTO stock or modded would be a nice choice for a dd.

whatever you decide, only mod one car. There will be a day if you mod both where both of them are down at the same time.

2.8L aaaaiiiitttee

Finish the SHO, there’s tons oog GTO’s on the track the SHO is much sweeter anyway

i think you should shotpine your gears in your trans and boost it. hell that engine would probably make 80 more hp than mine with the same boost. well we have discussed this before.

really all the SHO needs are racing wheels and sticky rubber and hey some stronger brakes.

*choice

where’s choice 4: don’t even buy the gto. I don’t care how cheap you get it, those cars blow ass.

:roll2: and why is that, newman?

If you’re set on the GTO, and you want it as your daily, I wouldnt do much in the line of mods. Get a project car, and NOT a SHO.

because it’s ugly
not fast
super ugly
interior is garbage
looks like a grand am.
general suckiness.

Buy a IROC!