Damn, all teh GTOs

Wow, I was brousing kill stories and I couldn’t help notice all teh GTO stories in there. Apparently they have become quite popular these days. I ran into one at the track 2 years ago in the SHO and i was neck and neck with it all the way down the track. I was hoping since there are soo many GTOs on here now if someone with a stock one would care to run me this summer in my SHO so I can know for sure which car of mine is faster? They should be pretty close but I think the SHO would pull the Goat a lil.

Yeah they are quite the modern muscle car slut, once people realized they are excellent cars.

Either that or everyones smart-buys/leases came due. :lol:

By excellent I mean well built, good power, and no resale. :slight_smile:

04’s resale sucks. 05’s and 06’s are still holding pretty strong.

300 mile radius of 14221, <35k miles, cheapest is $25k.

04’s got killed because they dropped the LS2 in for 05.

Doesn’t change the fact it’s a good motor though even if it’s not as powerful.

im just waiting on butch to turn his lease in… hes going to have ~1000 miles on it. lol

I’ll drive either one of your cars if you want to see how they stack up to one another…I’m an amazing driver so you won’t have to worry about driver error.

if anything, i will have an exhaust system by the summer. i guess i’ll run you if you want.

It was bound to happen. Now that their is a used market and the prices have dropped/ dealers can get rid of them, you’re going to see a lot of GTOs around in the next year or two. It’s the cheapest way to get some serious V8 power and performance with minor suspension upgrades. A lot of guys lusting after vettes and the like are going to end up with these things.

to piggyback off rick’s post, keep in mind that the early (pre-'01ish) c5 vette market is on par with '04 GTOs. if you can afford the insurance, and you can afford an '04 GTO… you can find a '98-'99 c5. just depends on what you want

back to the LS2 GTOs… magazine racin’, 4.7 0-60 & 13sec 1/4 is identical to c5 vettes. i’m just saying. can’t wait to line up with one eventually :slight_smile:

If you look at the interior of like a 2000 corvette, than look at a 04 gto.

Its like the corvette was something out of the 80’s for god sakes.

The 04 gto has 4 years on the vette, but for god sakes it would be a no brainer to get a gto over an older vette.

The new vette, thats a different story, but for 20 something grand, its a great buy.

There is still lot’s of potential hoppin up an 04 GTO, it still does have the LS1 .

Another thing: GTOs might still have manufacturer warranty, c5 vettes don’t.

I looked at C5’s, but went the GTO because.

1. I could get an almost brand new one for the money I was going to spend. My 05 had 1640 miles when I bought it.
  2. It has room for 4 people. A 2 seat vette is great if you’re single or it’s a 3rd car, but I’m married with a kid on the way. I could have got the C5 and some POS to drive around the rest of the time like a guy at work, but who wants to drive a POS 95% of the time so you can have a vette sitting in the garage?
  3. I can drive it year round. I suppose I could drive the vette year round, but the vette worshippers would probably come to my house and kill me in my sleep for desecrating a vette.

MY 2 cents:
I like the GTO. But, it will never have the looks or handling of a 'Vette.

true story

15K on it at the moment. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed. The GTO has too much weight to ever be a real handling threat to the Vette. Dollar for dollar in suspension upgrades a Vette is always going to get around a track quicker with equal drivers. But the GTO is a great compromise for those of us who want a quick DD.

What do you drive while your Vette sits 6 months of the year? I bet it’s not as much fun as a gto.

A 4x4 P/U. Not as much fun as your GTO for sure. Can yer car haul my 25ft. camper, lots of gear and a dead deer or two? How is the Pontiac in 12 inches of mud or snow? :stuck_out_tongue: It does suck to go from a ground hugging 6 speed to a body rolling automatic. If I drive both on the same day it feels like Jeckyl and Hyde.