GTO Day 3, impressions

Power is definitely there, more low end, than an LS1.

Def feels a bit faster than a stock LS1 F-body. Feels low 13’s, high 12’s.

Handling is great. Ride comfort is amazing for this vehicle. Comparable to a BMW or a Cadillac CTS.

Build quality is amazing. My buddy and I compared it to his 330ci today, and we pretty much believe the GTO is a nicer, better built car.

Kudos to GM, you sold me. Congrats on a well built car.

Gray there is a dude in jersey running an 04 i think. With one of those rear mounted turbo’s running in the 10’s. You should check it out. I remember reading about it on www.godragracing.com Maybe you can do a search and find out about it

:cool:

cuz it wasnt made in the USA :kekegay:

track tues?

:rofl: :booty:

Come to the track Tuesday. I wanna see one of these cars go low 13’s/ high 12’s stock. Every one that ive seen so far is struggling to get 13.70 - 14.00

05 or 04?

theres about a 50hp between the two

Gray 05? Thats too easy. IB Endless Gay05 comments.

GM High Tech got a stock 04 to do 13.44

I saw like 3 or 4 of them today. Got they are such a travesty to the name GTO. Fuck Pontiac for sticking a V8 in a RWD Grand Prix and slapping a namesake on it to try and make the thing sell. :down:

the original GTO looked like a Grand Prix too

I dont give a fuck. That was 50 years ago.

little over 40

in 1966, Grand Prix’s were RWD, had a 389 cubic inch engine putting out 375hp, and a MANUAL FUCKING TRANSMISSION. You cant even get a new Grand Prix with a stick.

In 66, the Grand Prix was a badass car. In 06, the Grand Prix is a forgetful, slow, bad handling, heavy, Not at ALL perfromance minded econo commuter car. See where I’m going with this?

in 2005, the GTO is a 6.0L 400hp/400tq

1966-2006 = 50 years.

in 2005, the GTO is a 6.0L 400hp/400tq which is offered in a stick

umm… thats 40

2006-1966=40

Which would be super if it wasnt stuffed in a econobox pos commuter car body.