05 Gto

i’m sure everyone knows all this already, but here r some pics and info of the 05 GTO

http://autodeadline.com/detail?source=Pontiac&mid=WKA2004073059276&mime=JPG

http://autodeadline.com/detail?source=Pontiac&mid=WKA2004073059345&mime=JPG

http://media.gm.com/division/2005_prodinfo/pontiac/gto/index.html

the only thing different i see is the hood from the 04…

but i still like the car

10.9:1 compression… DAMN… Oh well, it looks exactly the same except now you can get some hood scoops (if they arent functional = Rice) and it has a beefed up 6.0L Gen III engine… Wonder how much GM will jack the price up

$35,000

thats about the same as the 04

:mullet:

rear dual outlet exhaust., 50more hp/40 more tq. Hood scoops.

But I still don’t like those anemic 225/50/17 Tires

POS

i don’t know why, but it bothers me that they use the nameplate of “GTO”. I think it’s degrading to the original “goat”.

its faster than the original goat

don’t care

I personally think that once a name is used it shouldn’t be used again. this new gto will never have the same effect on me as the original did, and the same goes for all of the names that have been brought back.

can’t these idiots think of another name for a car?

:rolleyes:

400 hp 395 Tq

:itr41:

i like it they finally have true duals and duals out the back instead of ghey one side duals

I’m sure they CAN. I’m also sure they DON’T WANT TO. It’s strictly a marketing gimmick and it irritates me too. I don’t think it’s a GTO… it’s a __________ (fill in whatever it’s name SHOULD BE) with a GTO emblem.

Same with the Thunderbirds…

GT anything nowadays consist of crap

except the all mighty mustang :slight_smile:

do you realize that the GTO was a package on a base model. so adding the name to a Monera is any how different

ls2>ls1

I kind’ve see your point… but the GTO was a “horsepower” package added to the Le Mans.

GM took the cheap way out with this car, and used a mid sized RWD setup that was already a proven sales success in Australia (Holden Monaro). Change out the front clip, and rebadge it as the GTO. IMO, they shouldve brought over the whole lineup (including the V6 packages)… and rename the thing the Le Mans, but keep the V8 variant as the GTO. Would’ve been a better marketing strategy.

There is no real variety with just the GTO. If you want a small engine Pontiac, you have to resort to FWD. Where the bulk of RWD sport coupe sales are in the base model V6’s. GM is going to end up killing this car before it takes off, due to the lack of support.

for stock horsepower ya.

But all it really is, is a bored out LS1 (.030 over) from 5.7L (346ci) to 6.0L (364ci). Along with a set of revised heads (not much different from the LS1 head), and the 2001 Spec Z06 Camshaft (385hp Z06 model year).

The Corvette forums got a chance to dyno a stock C6 Corvette, and it only yielded 347rwhp. Which ain’t bad, but it’s not the 350-360’s the stock Z06’s are seeing.

its also going to die off because of its price. the average consumer who wants these cars dont want to pay no more then 25k tops

the 04 GTO was definitely not worth $36,000. $30,000 yes though. The car rode smooth, handled well, had decent acceleration. And this is what I gathered from a 20 minute test drive in the M6 version.

But $35,000-$36,000 for a 400hp mod friendly GenIII V8 engine. Is definitely a good price. The Interior is top knotch on the GTO, which rivals some BMW, and Lexus interiors. The seats are also amazing and comfortable. The 05 GTO is definitely well worth its price tag. Remember this car is not a replacement Trans Am pony car. It holds, performance (acceleration, braking, and handling) as well as comforts/luxury.