05 Gto

.030 over isnt 364ci. it would only be like 351. they compared the 6.0L to a small stroked 350.

LS2 mmmmmm, i love how its a nice performing car and a luxury

.030 over on a 350 = 355

everyone knew that one but a LS1 isnt a 350 its only 346

i know jsut stating that a 346 30 over wondent = 364

with the heads it is!!! :stick:

like i said 351 or so

I thought they were gonna redesign this Grand prix on steriods?

Actually, the official GM spec is .040 over. It’s basically using the Silverado 6.0 casting, but aluminum

they might do 2 more model yea runs with this current design 05/06. Then it comes to America, and placed on the Zeta platform, to share with the 07 Camaro.

The Camaro and GTO sharing a platform. Something about that just does not sound right. This poor GTO is doomed. Thanks Pontiac. :asshole

I think it looks like a 97-02 Grand Prix that is smoothed out a bit from the front and side and a Nissan Sentra from the rear. Overall I like the car but I do think for what it is they could of styled it a little bit more “pissed”. I liked the Trans Am styling a lot but I think that the people who could afford them didn’t…their kids mite of liked the styling. I feel that helped killed f-bodied (among other things) and GM styled and engineered this to appeal to the market that could afford it. Just my $.02. To sum it up cool car but could be have better styling.

pontiac has its head on straight!!!

they advertise the GTO and the GXP and the 260hp whatever its called.

back in the day when they advertised the SLICK BLACK TRANSAM at the stoplight, till this day thats the best damn commercial ever.
advertising gets THE PRODUCT SOLD AND IMPROVED !!!. the camaro big hype in 1993 was it “looked like a rocket” mustangs don’t need advertising, they sell on thier own :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

“FUEL FOR THE SOUL” Props to pontiac and trying to bring back american muscle… better than the fucking NISSAN commercials thats always on.
Drive_shift_imagine ETC :rolleyes:

The LS2 engine is nothing more than the same 6.0 litre escalade engine with a more agressive camshaft and a different set of heads… Thats it.

are you sure about that… the new LS2 is aluminum. the motor your referring to is LQ9 and its a iron block

you do realize the original GTO resembled the original Grand Prix as well

I coulda swore that I looked up the motor on my bosses new 04 Escalade and it said that it was an aluminum block, but I could be wrong… When he gets back from vacation, ill see if he has the window sticker from it still, or maybe ill look at the codes in the glove box to get a better idea.

if its a LQ9 its the same motor in the SS and its a iron block.

this is still going to be one bad ass car…the numbers are higher than the v8 fbods in 02…why hait when gm is sutill trying to stay in the rwd v8 platform…it could o been worse like the charger and malibu

or worse, a high perfomance car w/ a low perfomance driver