Bad news for 05 Mustang....(ford is so gay!)

Originally Posted by from another board (svtperormance.com)

Possible bad news for the 05’ stangs.

It amazes me how Ford can’t keep pictures off the internet. Just takes a few mad ex-employees to get the pink slip and start giving out information on future products.

That’s the real deal. It has the V6 wheels on it. The GT’s are different.

How many would buy the new 05 GT if it came with the following powertrain? This is just a hypothetical question.

Had a 4.6L 3V, VCT 300HP.

Weighed in at 3,800+lbs. GT trim.

Had drive by wire ETC-Electronic throttle control.

New torque based strategy that would not allow mods that increased torque. If you did it would put the car in FAILSAFE drive condition.

That means going to the dealer and having them reset the PCM.

A PCM with no chip port like on the new 04 F150.

That also means the tuners and chip suppliers are going to have to work to decode a all new calibration. That is going to take time to decode and offer a reflash to change the torque tables in the strategy for mods.

Ford’s upper management really F’d this one up. 75% of the GT buyers mod or customize their mustangs.

Imagine buying the new 05 and not being able to add a performance exhaust or add any part that increases torque.

They messed up a good thing. We make it look fast, add a second intake valve and VCT and the management blows it by adding a crappy ETC and a strategy not mod friendly. The 03/04 Machs are still faster in the 1/4. The new manual trans stinks also…

You can bet they aren’t going to have that information in their brochures.

I will keep my current Mustang. At least I can still do the basic backyard mechanic stuff and be happy I can customize what I pay for…

Bill Ford hasn’t a clue that his management has messed this car up. What if the car has a two piece drive shaft like the Lincoln LS?

75% of the customers that buy the GT’s like to customize their mustangs. Ford management is out of touch with the public, and this will soon be evident.

Management only likes to see pie charts and numbers. They don’t get on here or go to mustang meets to talk to the loyal Mustang owners. The Cheif Engineer and her Boss haven’t a clue what the mustang enthusiast is about.

The 05 Mustang would have been so much better if they would have let the engineers run with the project. Instead they made them build a car with one arm tied behind their backs…They wanted it to be as fast as the Mach’s.

This Chief engineer in charge of the 05 Mustang has Micro-Managed the Powertrain departments to the point that nothing is getting done. They are just spinning their wheels, not enough people and to much work falling off the tables due to job cuts.

People are being let go to save $$$. Ford will be paying double the cost on warranty repairs down the road.

Those of you that have your Mach’s, keep them. It’s the best N/A Mustang we ever built. The new 05 will handle. When the new Camaro SS hit’s the street it’s going to kick the 05 GT’s azz…

300HP 4.6L in a heavier mustang isn’t going to cut it. Looks only go so far on the street. “Race on Sunday, Buy on Monday.”

I’m a Ford man thru & thru and it pains me to see what Managements decisions are doing to the company. This car could have been a great contender on the track and street.

POST3:
This is just a hypothetical response. I’m bound by a confidentiality agreement. I need my job. I hope they let me go. I can’t stand this place any longer…

a.) The Powertrain Calibration Chief Engineer for the 05 Mustang is a Woman. I don’t need to list her name. She is in charge of small & large V6, V8 North American car and truck powertrain calibration organization.

B.) I was in the same building along with the Mustang calibration engineers. Now moved. Might not be here much longer. Ford will be letting more people go so upper management could get their bonus and raises. It was “let people go, or get nothing at the end of the year.” Is what I heard. Makes sense to let the workers go so the money is there to keep the management employed.

C.) Longer wheel base = more body metal. Larger axle housing with rear pan hard bar. Two piece steel drive shaft like on the LS. Added engine weight due to newly designed components. Interior sound deadning. Auto trans is worst case, heavier than the Manual trans.

D.) It’s not the same trans that’s in the 03/04 Mach or cobra. 6 speed? The shifter in the manual feels like crap. JMHO…

These aren’t my words. Found at SVTperformance.com

thanks for the info on the new stang. it seems like that person is right about
how the new stang will suck because you cant mod it. seems like ford had
a decent plan but management screwed it up. i heard that they are putting
everything on the line with the new trucks and the stangs. or the company is
goin under

the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

People were worried that catalytic converters would kill the muscle car, then fuel injection was the end of modifying for performance. Then people thought that obdII had killed modified cars.

I bet they find a way to modify them anyways, if this info even is true.

3800 lbs. is way way too heavy. they need to bring it down to 3400 or less.

Originally posted by taco

People were worried that catalytic converters would kill the muscle car, then fuel injection was the end of modifying for performance. Then people thought that obdII had killed modified cars.

I bet they find a way to modify them anyways, if this info even is true.

oh im sure they will find a way to mod it too, just because the first person to crack the ECU will make a fucking fortune. However, just the fact that Ford is taking such a jerk-off stance against people modding their cars would make me not want to buy one… 3800lbs, 300hp = teh suck. Mustangs suck. fords suck. toyota tacomas suck. taco’s are yummy though.

:bsflag:

There starting HYPE for 05 Mustang now…

:commonsense:

Originally posted by taco

3800 lbs is the projected weight of the new gto

the 05 cobra can never lose !!!

current stang is less than 3400lbs.

As far as PCM’s…Chevy has been using PCM’s for years (LS1)

:werd:

Originally posted by ohsoquik02
3800 lbs is the projected weight of the new gto

yah but its been said to have 350-360rwhp

Originally posted by BlueZ28
current stang is less than 3400lbs.

As far as PCM’s…Chevy has been using PCM’s for years (LS1)

not all stangs are the lite. like the new cobra weighs in at around 3800lbs

Originally posted by Darkstar
The 05 Mustang would have been so much better if they would have let the engineers run with the project.

Exactly. Engineers should run the whole world. :bigthumb:

Originally posted by ohsoquik02
not all stangs are the lite. like the new cobra weighs in at around 3800lbs

3670, the vert is around 3800lbs

the GT Coupe is 3340lbs

oh im sure they will find a way to mod it too, just because the first person to crack the ECU will make a fucking fortune. However, just the fact that Ford is taking such a jerk-off stance against people modding their cars would make me not want to buy one… 3800lbs, 300hp = teh suck. Mustangs suck. fords suck. toyota tacomas suck. taco’s are yummy though.

Mod it? Don’t believe everything your read even if it’s from a ford or mustang site. Ford has more programs and projects going with aftermarket companies than any other manufacturer. Mods for this car have been made and ready for distribution for 6 months now. As far as cracking the ecu, get real. There isn’t much to figuring out the ford computers and there programming and tuning, trust me it wont be an issue. This car wont hold anyone back that has a desire to uprgrade their vehicles performance whether it’s to make it look a little better or to just beat you rice fags down even more. Personally I am anxious to see the car in person, a lot of people have been bitching that it’s so ugly. I guess we will see soon.

Originally posted by Steel City
Mod it? Don’t believe everything your read even if it’s from a ford or mustang site. Ford has more programs and projects going with aftermarket companies than any other manufacturer. Mods for this car have been made and ready for distribution for 6 months now. As far as cracking the ecu, get real. There isn’t much to figuring out the ford computers and there programming and tuning, trust me it wont be an issue. This car wont hold anyone back that has a desire to uprgrade their vehicles performance whether it’s to make it look a little better or to just beat you rice fags down even more. Personally I am anxious to see the car in person, a lot of people have been bitching that it’s so ugly. I guess we will see soon.

Refer to my post :smiley:

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Steel City

sounds like you are talking a lot of shit for someone that runs 11.80’s…

you talk way more than enough for someone who runs 13.70s

Originally posted by BlueZ28
you talk way more than enough for someone who runs 13.70s
:owned: :rofl:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
what a stupid comment