2008 Pontiac GTO

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102907

I hope thats a far off rendition

yours > that x a million…looks atleast

that kinda looks like a concept i saw several years ago… was supposed to be the current GTO

so they make it look less like a Grand Am now? cool.

yeah. now it looks like a galant

Looks like a fucking sunbird. :rofl:

ya it really does in the front…haha

Not really all that related but a friend at work tells me that 2008 is the supposed target year for the return of the camaro. He said something about basing it off the cts-v chassis with something similar to an LS7. :mullet:

i can’t wait till Pontiac goes the way of Oldsmobile.

I don’t know which gto is worse. the one now is boring as fuck(looks wise) and this new one is ugly, but at least it has a little bit of styling.

the current gto would be so much better if it wasn’t called a gto.

Still not impressed

hahaha…

yeah, those look so hot on the Saturn Ion + Mazda RX8…

:jerkit:

Yeah thats just ridiculous…If they want to do something good with the GTO go back to the old style not this pansy lets make it look like everyother ghetto fabulous car bs

the older cars all looked similar also.

I wish these manufacturers would think of new names instead of disgracing the old names though. IMO

I agree…Don’t say you are bring back a car then have it turn out like the GTO or the charger now that was a disgrace - -

thats Pontiac’s thing, to look uniform… you know VW does the same thing too

GTO is pretty much based off the CTS chassis as is… just a “lite” version of it, it’s just been renamed by Holden, as the Commodore chassis, which was developed by Opel, who also developed a very similar chassis for the CTS. So, in essence, the GTO is riding on a modified CTS chassis.

supposedly GM is going to build the new GTO, off of a “Sigma-Lite” chassis, along with the 08 Camaro.

Sigma, right now, is used for the Cadillac STS

as far as an LS7 in a GTO? Well, the engine costs $14,000 alone.

I do know of a 6.5L Gen IV V8 LS5 engine, GM developed with 450hp, that they put in a few prototype “Judges”.

and after all of that, it will still suck and very few people will buy it

teh mustang can nevar l0se!!!

i can’t wait for the camaro to be a huge flop also. GM is fucking retarded.

well… I’ll admit, the GTO did not sell stellar numbers, but it wasn’t intended too, with limited production to only 14,000.

Now, the 05 GTO’s have sold like crazy. Putting down better performance numbers than the 05 Mustang GT.

14000…wow thats real “limited”

i hope it does put down better numbers…last time i checked it was $7-10K more then a GT.