2008 Pontiac GTO

Not to jack the thread…This is the closest Pic I found on the net of the Charger I saw out at Mopar Nats. When I find my pics I’ll post them up - This is what it should have looked like

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/SVshine03/dodgecharger.gif

that actually looks sweet

Yeah…People I was with had to drag me from the tent I stood gauckin to long…I was ready to shove a down payment on the car right then and there - to bad it came out like it did

ehhhhh…im not really impressed…looks better then current one but thats not sayin much

atleast it shows some effort tho. not just a Magnum w/ the back chopped off.

loaded GT with a 5spd is $28,000

and 14,000 is very limited compared to the Mustang GT of 120,000 units

as far as better numbers…

Performance is pretty factual, just quoting real world numbers from various fansites, these numbers are with Torque Management enabled with both vehicles. Removing it, shows great results

05 GTO M6
400hp/400tq OHV 6.0L V8 (LS2)
Price: $33,690
3710lbs
1/4: 13.1 @ 109
Skid: .90
0-60: 4.6s
Slalom: 70mph

05 Mustang GT
Price: $28,320
300hp/320tq SOHC 3v 4.6L V8
3480lbs
1/4: 13.5 @ 104
Skid: .88
0-60 5.1s
Slalom: 67mph

As far as price difference… both are great cars, build quality etc. Edge going to the GTO though. You just have to drive it to understand.

This is what pisses me off about the charger. I was going to buy one if it looked like that. So instead they bring out some 4 dr pos that looks like a damn mini power wagon.

id buy that gto over the ones that are out now

most people who can afford a gto don’t want them, more younger people want fast cars that handle and perform well over the older crowd. maybe if gm dropped the fuckin price, people will buy them. it’s funny that all gm’s cars (camaro, T/A, GTO)always out perform the mustang other than a 5.0 vs an iroc, but gm is fucking reatarded instead of dropping the price a little they just make it faster and more expensive. i also heard that 480 05 gto’s were wiped out on a train by a hail storm and instead of junking them they are putting replacement parts on them. now who wants a 35 k car with replacement parts on them. they could have atleast kept that info on the DL.

I’m pretty young, and own a GTO.

GTO handles, and performs quite well for its price tag… and its build quality cannot be beat. Rivals BMW

come on now…your starting to get rediculous…

you first say that 14000 is “limited”
then you say its putting down better numbers then a car(mustang GT)thats 7-10K less (no shit)

& now your comparing fit & finish with a BMW…:rolleyes:

damn right i am… you do realize the GTO is a Holden Monaro, right? not an assembly line Pontiac?

as far as 14,000 being limited? Compare 14,000 to the average production run for a car

yeah i know its a holden…i used to follow aussie touring car championship yearx before the thought of a GTO was ever introduced.
i’m not saying its not nice…but come on.

and if you want to say that 14000 is limited fine…but to me thats not too limited.

if thats limited then what do you call my car that had only had 2150 made…youy call that exclusive?

attn showtime - now that gray has a GTO, it is now officially the best car on the planet, nothing can touch it.

gray - from looking at those numbers you posted, I would much rather have the GT over the GTO. the mustang is very similar in performance, eough that a race will be determined by the driver, not the car and also the fact that the mustang looks 11ty billion times better than the GTO.

no sir, '77 Ford Trucks are the best vehicle ever made

as far as showtime… well the contour svt is quite limited as well… but the contour is not

i think that the GTO has enough power to give it more than enough of an advantage to make up for driver error…its not that close, there is no way.

my thing in comparing these cars is the price…mustang is a lot cheaper

thats what i’m saying the SVT is “limited”…2150 is a big difference compared to 14000…thats why i’m saying that 14000 is stretch to the word limited.

you get what u pay for…sitting in the GTO feels like a Luxury car. the interior is beautiful…the GT feels cheap to me

but he was talking about numbers…that the gto puts down better numbers then the mustang…

I hope it does for an extra 7-10K

& i beleive you on the beauty of the car…but comparing it to bmw/benz fit & finish…i don’t know about that.