time for a new car... help! s4 or GTO?

Ive sold my mustang, and its time for me to buy a new car. ive narrowed it down to 2 cars i really like, a b5 s4 or a GTO, the car will be my daily driver so i want something comfortable. but it needs to be fun at the same time. give me some pros and cons of both cars and what you think would be the better option. i drive 60 miles each day for work. ive owned a 2.7t car before so i know that motor very well, but what other maintenance does audi need the one im looking at has high miles, where the GTO is low miles. what should i look out for with both, whats better to mod down the road?

andrew

go with the goat if you don’t mind the hard seat, food costs and smelling bad everywhere you go…haha

but seriously, neither really do much for me.

im having a tough time taking this thread seriously.

with that said, it’s missing a lot of details.

Details are overwhelming

Poll is up.

The 04’ GTOs are dirt cheap,around the $10k mark with ~50k miles,that’s hard to resist.

eh posting from a blackberry lol bored at work.

I would never buy an Audi.

GTO all the way in this case.

i think the only thing that matters in this thread is

the gto has low miles
the s4 has highmiles

therefor, i pick the gto

I have heard many horror stories from a couple friends who work on Audis on a daily basis. This is what i am basing my opinion on.

Credit card companies get raging boners every time someone buys a low priced, high-mileage B5 S4.

If you get one that’s been maintained and loved and you should be fine.

im also looking for something that can be modded in the future. i assume the ls1 is the better choice for that and it can take more abuse correct?

The LS1/LS2 will be cheaper to mod.

But a 600hp S4 is wayyyyy fucking cooler.

If you are prepared to assume the responsibility of maintaining an S4, go for it.

GTO’s are fucking whack. And that has nothing to do with me being pro german engineering. But you sound like youre working with a budget, and an S4 may not be the way to go if money is a concern, and this car may (or may not) have been properly maintained

S4 just because it’s so much cooler than a new gto.

6.0 L GTO… heads/cam/ spray

/thread :wink:

High mileage S4’s usually have leaky cam seals.

I think the S4 is the better comfortable daily by far but i would stay away from mods.

so is this going to be a daily huh…

QUATTRO WHAT!!!

And heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated mirrors, climate control, 4 door, a luxo ride that doesn’t ride like a cavalier, and stage 3’s trap 125+ OH yea and your 55 yr old neighbor doesn’t have one

S4 gots my vote :tup:

a luxo ride that doesn’t ride like a cavalier? I guarantee you have never been in a GTO saying shit like that.

GTO. Had one for 2 years. Loved it. Easier to mod, lower maintenance, and close to 30 MPG highway if you get the 6sp.

Yea i have been in quite a few, i sell cars…

Maybe im just used to driving an Audi everyday and im spoiled… But to me gto’s dont drive nice enough for me to even be considered a dd

WORD either car you go for 6spd all the way!

And valve cover and cam tensioner gaskets. The cam tensioner was a little tricky to do but overall it wasn’t a big deal.