What to do?

Don’t mod your daily. Well at least not heavily.

as opposed to the STI which is
ugly
equally slow
super ugly
worse interior
looks like an impreza, oh wait, it is
more expensive.
least it has 4 doors for all of your grocery-getting needs.
:tup:

While I do agree the sti is ugly.
I would rather have an impreza over a gran am
4 doors > 2 doors
and the interior is no where near as cheap feeling or looking as the gto interior

Really? I beg to differ. The interior in the GTO is one of GMs best interiors of any car. I wonder how many of you guys wo hate it so much have actaully driven one? I have driven an STI as well and I can assure you, the STi interior is NOT better than the GTO’s. I guess you are thinking, 'oh because its a GM the interior must suck" I can also assure you that it is nothing like a grand am, in any way. I will concure that many GM interiors do infact suck, but the GTO’s isnt one of them. I would even put it nearly on par with my friends 06 330i. And I already bought it.

MPD, What’s wrong with using the SHO as a track car? It is quite capable as a road course car. And believe it or not Very reliable as one as well.

ron jon…i wana play with the GTO…they are really growing on me…and the right FI setup on one is :pimp:

the interiors are very nice btw

I would buy a GTO I think the interiors are better then the C6 interiors

but keep it stock

i hear that HRK Fabrication builds turbo kits for anything :rofl:

It be a closer race if you ran the SHO. Its quicker than the Goat.

Your set up in the GTO would be mad pimp!!!

did you see the compartment you’d be working with in a GTO?.. required probably the tightest tubulars ive ever seen… there are a couple real nice turbo kits. i know a guy who is doing a twin T6 T88 408…i dunno how hes gona do it…but god damn. i know it will be nice. the shop doing it is top notch

lol… by play, i meant i want to tear it apart and put go fast parts in it. i never worked on a GTO before, and theres some nice setups for it

APS makes a nice looking kit for them. No idea how much they cost but I love the cast iron manifolds and the way they are put together.

Rofl, FWD, 4 door sedan as a “track” car? What are you smoking? Get something that actually has “some” resale or usage value as a track car. 944NA, E30, Miata, RX7, etc. SHO’s arent worth SHIT as a track car.

that APS kit was just on sale for 5200$ ish complete. not bas for a twin kit with turbos rated at 600 each. forgot about that kit but its very nice as well. compact, complete, hidden. the only thing i didnt like on it was the intakes for the turbos

Tell that to Realtime Racing (Acura TSX), Tripoint (Mazda 6) etc. Last I checked, they were all doing just fine in Speed World Challenge. I bet it would cost a pretty decent amount of money to buy one of their old cars, too.

Doesn’t make the SHO a better track car, but just shoots holes in your broad sweeping statement… :touchy:

Oh, and option 3 is the way to go. Leave it stock. Don’t mod your DD. Then try to find a good candidate for SHOgun conversion. :slight_smile:

…and don’t feed the trolls. I can’t believe how some of you guys just completely take the bait. :rofl:

Yes, there’s also the Legacy GT running Grand Am(? might’ve gotten the race series wrong). Along with the e90 and e46 sedans running in a bunch of classes in Europe and the US, the IS350s made for ALMS, the 190E Evo III Race cars etc, etc. I was refering to cars in his price range.

:word:

Sure it is. First off, its paid for. Already has the engine, trans, suspension, cooling system, for the track. Only thing left is lighter seats (stock fronts are 120 lbs a piece!) and some 12" brakes and some rubber, (maybe a cage) and I bet it can hold its own. Already ran down a 2000 Viper GTS @ watkins glen. You would be surprised how well that car tracks for what it is. I’d be willing to throw it against almost anyhting on this board as far as a road course goes.

No, I have driven one.
I thought it was uncomfortable plastic rubbish.
The steering wheel stuck out to me as did the dash trim
Seats felt nice tho
also imo it is not close to the 330i.

But enjoy the goat.
They seem to have one nice set of balls in stock form.

I’ll take that offer.

And I’m willing to bet you’d be pretty surprised with how well Ron’s SHO performs…have you even ridden in his car to know what you’re talking about? It’s obvious you’re a SHO hater…that’s fine, there’s many out there.