DMCC - 08

was a fun event. i enjoy’d it but coulda been a bit more organized. next time the do a drift event i suggest no ricer cars there. an incident happen after leaving the premises which will be posted up later in full detail.

lol… people drifting home in their parents toyota camry?

yes i agree… everyoen knows about import fest but no one knows about dmcc and its a carshow/ drift competition… the cars are MOVING OMGGGGGG yeeeeee not parked and yearning to be started… this would definitely bring more crowd then a flashy show cars IF there was the same media and advertising into it. i personally told left and right ppl to come to drift event to come watch and check it out…word of mouth isnt enough for colleages frends foes… this year track layout was much better then last year imo … i was chilling in bings vendor tent for a while and i saw most ppl coming was for the bings parts pickup from son240 … 1 family asked about 300zx parts for coils…

btw i wulda went if it was sat sun :slight_smile: i culdnt get friday off aswell
btw bing ur tent was the best then the rest lol

i was the ONLY vendor other than JRP… it was weird…

I didn’t notice your sweet 1990 CRX si though, was it entered in the show and shine?

150$ to enter. This got me 1 hour and 30 minutes if that, a fast wheels keychain and a general tire tshirt that my 220 pound body will never see. I say lower the price or give more track time. I realise that we werent doin the 100-120 km/h entries but we were pushin close to 80-90 and not an amateur barley touched the wall aside from the ONI red s14. Now i saw 5-6 pro go completly through the walls. They pay less then us for fuck sakes. If they were worried about those barriers they could have chose a better clipping point for the first corner, and also watch who they hand out DMCC pro lisences too, some of the pros were not pros but amatuers in pro cars lol. Sure they bring more crowd but us at S1DC had a bigger following then most of the pro crews had members lol. I saw drift posse guys with groups of 15 friends an so on, we bring money too these people spent upwards of 100 or more each on the insanly priced food and beverage. Common 6 bucks for a flat burger patty or 5 bucks for a sausage that wouldnt hit the spot if it knew what the spot was lol. If your plannin on this next year bring about 300$ and you’ll be safe. You’ll get bogus practise and then run a lap and then your adrenaline has too much time to wear off and then they send you out again. I wanna see this sped up. And you know what, they ran us in a half tandem just to get us off the track quicker for the 3 hour pro track session. DMCC doesnt allow tandem because we have no cages. Also i had many friends wanting to ride shotgun during practise and were not allowd. The pros hit each other and run straight through 500 pound water barriers with passangers lol, cage or not there is liability.

Next year needs some changes, the amatuer series has to be taken more seriously if they want to progress drifting in canada, not everyone is gunna watch marco santos drift for the next 15 years, they want hometown favorites. Its bad enough that our tracks hate us but the fact that when an event comes along we get shafted. I had fun but there is goin to be more changes or they will see a decrease in funds. I brought 8 people with me and had only 2 pit passes so myself brought in over 180$ in just admission, not including the shit food we had to eat. Sure they handed out NOS like candy but how good is that stuff if they give it away by the case.

Aside from my bitching id liek to thank Wayne and Kendrick for a pretty good weekend aside from a few hickups.

P.S. Bing i dont blame you for being pissed, they put you in the worste spot ever. What j body fag is gunna want stance coilovers or a wangan wing lol. They put PAS mag inside, they have been giving away memberships for 5 bucks since dark nights 2004, you know they got problems. So i think they need to revise who they put where, this was a drifting show, Bing sells parts stricly for drift applications, wouldnt it make sense to place him closer to the action not over with the shitty cover bands and gay ass stock grand ams having revving competitions with Bondo Honda civics.

Honestly, coming from a volunteers point of view, the event was a success for what we did to get it going. I know Anthony spent many hours helping to set up the event, and he was a volunteer, he was there since Monday or something. This event was a success but we still could have organized it better. Along with this, if the drivers were given more notice that there would be night drifting I am sure they could have made their cars more d1-esque (neons, strobe lights, etc).

I feel this event was a huge success and minus the riced out cars in the show and shine, it was good. The cars in the parking lot should have been the ones in the show, I mean c’mon some guy had a track car 750hp 1972 RB26DETT powered Datsun 240z, how often do you see that?

The models were gorgeous, well a vast majority of them so that was a a plus from that standpoint, but where we were lacking as everyone said is vendor organization, i.e. getting Bings and SON240sx inside the actual hangar, and giving them bigger booths. Along with this, instead of having the ricy cars inside the hangar we could of had Drifttuners, ONIJDM, CSCS and other organizations/businesses there and shafted those cars outside. I mean why is the car show a majority of FF platforms not FR platforms at a drift show, and those that were FR platforms were extremely riced out, it makes no sense. Though there were still some many riced out FR’s, ala VeilSide 240sx and the numerous Camaros, but regardless.

Also, the track time although limited from an amateurs point of view was still a success but it was no different than any other drift event in that anyone could of set it up. Next year the amateurs should be allowed to drift tandem and it should be up to their discretion, they total their car thats their choice and not leaving DMCC at fault. On the pro side though, I must say the drifting was strong, but it was sad to see Vlad eliminated so early. I must say that Steady Freddy definitely has his R32 set up amazing, the car seemed like it was going exactly where he wanted it, and the third round tandem with him and the 240sx (not sure of the driver) was by far the best tandem set I have seen, both drivers gave it their all and it was a good show.

Congrats to all drivers and best of luck in the next round, in my opinion with the exception of certain setbacks this event was a complete success, and hopefully it will be better next year.

I have to congratulate the Amateur drivers… I wish the event has more focused towards the sector that helps this scene grow, it wasn’t cool seeing the amateurs getting kicked out of their share of the paddock.

Bing, I didn’t even know you were at the show, I saw the gay show cars, so I stayed away from vendors row!

I just wish the DriftOps Driver search netted more success from the Ontario crews. If I was not a fair judge and didn’t have to score “0” for spinouts our local drivers would have been on top. Big Ups to the amateurs. In many ways it was way cooler to see you try your best and make it to the top (or for that matter even spin out), than to see some not-so-pro people in pro-budget cars stealing your spotlight and track time.

I know I didn’t stay for the whole show ( I had an engagement party to attend ), but from what I saw, it was an good show. I am glad that DriftOps gave me the opportunity to see the action first hand and contribute. Thanks!

Peace-Out,

Ah, sucks to hear you didn’t like the car dude…tried to do something a little different. Thought the RB-swap would have compensated for the aggressiveness of the exterior and the black would have helped to make the kit’s lines appear a bit more subtle. The car itself isn’t quite done yet, for one, I know I need some nicer, wider wheels with a better offset (thinking LMGT4’s next) and the motor still needs some working, but give it time, I’m trying something new which is always hit or miss. To each his own, if it’s not your cup of tea, then it’s not your cup of tea, if you don’t like the car, I can understand. For the most part, I thought the event itself was pretty good. It’s the 4th drift event I’ve went to go see and I was surprised by the turnout. The drivers were excellent, Marco Santos has always been a great driver and Freddy put on a great show (put his R32 into a barrier during practice), just when everyone thought that he was done for, his mechanics got down to it and brought the car back and won it all. I was upset to see Crown get knocked out so early, I thought for sure he would have made it to the finals, drove very well in practice. It was a relatively good atmosphere around the drift course anyway, wasn’t beside the car much. I found it funny that someone else mentioned about the clipping points (tire stacks being shifted so much further from where they were originally positioned), a couple of drivers overshot the first apex as a result of constant shifting, weren’t used to the change. The $20 entrance fee, I agree, was a bit steep. Nonetheless a good event, met a couple of other 240 owners, nice people. I’d definitely consider doing it again next year! I have some pics, I’ll post them up tomorrow.

Oh, yeah the RB swap does do that for me then, didn’t get a chance to see the engine thats why, but I saw the VeilSide kit and I was saying to myself rice, but I retract that, did not realize what you had under the hood. :stuck_out_tongue: But if the paint was more tastefully done or in a nicer colour, you would have a good car, how much was the kit?

It’s alright man, I fully understand your point of view. The sides, rear lips and wing are true VeilSide, shelled out just over $2100 landed, duties and what have you just for those few pieces…which sucked huge as I thought it would be waaayy less (stupid UPS). I got the front bumper from VIS, because the real VeilSide front didn’t completely appeal to me. I threw the Signal Auto widebody kit on it, but then realized the wheels I ordered were all too shallow for such a big blister. But it will be fixed, have no worries. What in terms of paint/exterior did you dislike? I wanted to keep it the deep black because it makes the aggressive lines of the kit appear less “drastic” and it looks a little bit more sleek and clean. I do agree that the rear blisters are ridiculously wavy and that’s one issue that’s been bugging me a great deal. Always good to hear some constructive criticism, if you offer some, I’d be glad to take it into consideration, since I work on the car myself, it helps me a great deal to hear good ideas and form them into my work as I go along. Thanks man!

The car is baller now. Just you need some things to set it off. If you went for a shallower front bumper i.e. less aggressive, maybe a strawberry face swap or s13 swap the car would look better in my opinion, but it’s tastefully done none the less. Personally I dislike spoilers on a car but if done right they look clean, just don’t really like VeilSide if you know what I mean. If you slap some deep dish wheels on that thing, staggered even, and go with either Nismo Silver or a dark gunmetal colour the car would be insane. None the less, props for going with a legit kit and spending the extra green on it.

do you have any pics of your car from the event… sounds sick!! me stiky and you have the rb20det under the hood nice.

Awesome, I’ve been loving the RB ever since I got it running right. I don’t have any pics from the event yet, I will post some later on this morning though, waiting to get my camera back (forgot it in the trunk of my buddy’s car) :p. Here are some older pics though.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/hipowerparts/240sx032-1.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/hipowerparts/240sx237.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/hipowerparts/240sx270.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/hipowerparts/240sx274.jpg

Oh ya I saw your car, please PLEASE get proper wheels if you intend on being a show car. The car besides that looks ok, the wheels will make or break it, big time so don’t cheap out and nice car!

Nice I like your car alot, You have many desirable parts on your car!!! loving the Wangan styled agressive spoiler!! I look forward to the dmcc pics!!

thats a pile of shit

back on topic to dmcc please!

congrats to the winners for the pro ams and pros. i love the battle agianst the hankook r32 and general tire s13.

vlad pulled some clean runs! pat was killing it! and i saw justin from intense improved ALOT in this event. good job guys!! TORONTO REPRESENT

downsview park dmcc seemed to be like a serious battlefield with lotsa car crashing and breakin down. none the less was a great show and good way to support drifting in toronto!

im working on vids so hopefully i get some up for tomorrow.

POST SOME DRIFTING PICS!

exactly.

Yeaaaa when i was watching the “Pros” drift I was not impressed a lot of them wouldnt even be classified as pros. they looked like amateur drifters. im sure a lot of the amateurs were better then them. I had a good time but these pro drifters werent very impressive. I mean they almost collided with each other a few times, they smashed into barriers, and there was a tonnnnn of spin outs. Likeeeeeeeee how many zeroes were there at the start of the qualifying even after they had like tons of time to practice. Overall it was fun but could of been way better. I was lookin for bings booth but couldnt find it. I wanted to meet bing lol. Again couldnt seem to locate the booth.

With the car show… wow lots of shit cars. I was coming back in and i heard some guy same to his buddy yeee thats a berretta thats sick I was like wow thats extremely stupid. I was seeing what appeared to be stock pontiacs. Like ITS A DRIFT COMP! GET RID OF THE S**T FWD CARS. I was lookin forward to seeing like Supras, RX7s, Skylines, 240s, etc etc. Where were all the RWD cars? I saw the ones that Mitch brought and a few others… that was it. Drifting was decent and the car show was meh