Dmcc round 1: Day 1

We just got back from Montmagny Speedway, where myself, Sasha, Cammer and Pantaloons were running Daves car for its first DMCC practice in 2009!

We are glad to report the car had no mechanical problems and had the most track time out of every competitor, this was due to Daves desire to improve and the cars ability to perform consistently. Towards the end of the day Dave started showing signs of above top 8 performance. We look forward to qualifying tomorrow.

We have two short practice sessions tomorrow, where Dave will practice his qualifying line further as well as run tandem with other DMCC competitors. Then it is competition time!

Unfortunately Pat Cyr hit a wall early in the day but was able to fix his car. Also Brad C had a front end collision with a wall. They are working hard to finish this! We wish them the best of luck

We will keep everyone up to date after tomorrow!

Yours truly,
Keezy and the SG Fam

by the way, We need you out here Vlad!

Thanks for the update and good luck Dave!

< Awaits pics and video.

Sick!

Keep us updated man, and yes, PICS!

Nice, thanks for the update. Nice to know whats going on over there.

Good luck.

cant gooo onnnn with out piiiiics cough cough

Chris, go kick some ass buddy. Give Brigg’s the best of luck and lets get SG to show them Ontario is no longer a a joke:biggrin:

Pat Cyr takes round 1?

^ true! Cyr takes round one! Shit yah!

I love when low budget > all.

Shows true skill can get your way to the top.

Congrats Cyr!

agreed

Pat had an amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggg run today at DMCC. it was so great.

there was a bit of issues today. we are working the kinks out and ill keep you updated.

How did SG do? No funnels?

smashes car in practice then gets 1st place to end the weekend.

that is true skill people…we need more grassroot guys like pat in the scene. it makes things exciting :wink:

where can i find pictures

Well well… what a day…

I had probably the best day drifting that I’ve had my entire life. Once again today I layed down more laps than any other driver on the field with 9/10 being 90+ point runs.

I suppose no weekend can go perfectly though… In my very last lap of practice before qualifications I made a foolish decision and instead of running my strong consistant pass I was running all weekend I decided to push my entry speed higher, ran higher on the bank than anyone else did, and stayed on the throttle too long into the 1st rear clipping zone which unfortunatly resulted in me clipping the rear corner of my car on the start of the guard rail infront of the wall and slapping the front into the wall.

As result I have some bent sheet metal in the rear end, the casing of my fuel cell needs replacing and the MA steering knuckle in the front broke on the weld.

Being that we only had 10 minutes before qualifying we re-welded the broked knuckle, put the rear bumper back on and did my “qualifying pass”; a slow lap around the the track waving to the crowd.

It was an extremely unfortunate end to a promising looking weekend but I did learn a valuable lesson to stay driving within my skill level and not push too much too fast. Although the unfortunate ending I am still happy with my driving during the weekend and I am looking very forward to competing in round 2.

WOW my heart broke.
good to hear your still looking forward man.
kudos and best of luck in the future.

hi i’m from quebec so i was there, it’s was a very good day unfortunatly i’m arrived too late to see dave performing but i can say that your car is very my favorite and i saw your crew working very hard for fixing the car. Big up to pat cyr for is winning he give an ansome show like all the time. Can wait to see next round.

pardon me for my english cause i’m french.

pat pat pat pat pat pat

http://forums.montrealracing.com/drifting-sponsored-drift-mania/651215-dmcc-round-1-montmagny-photos.html

pictures…

All I understand on that forum is Pat Cyr Fantastic LOL x 5